HTC Reveals All New HTC One (M8) Android Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianj14

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
128GB SD Card is tempting, but I won't touch any mobile that I can't guarantee control of my data on, so would need to know if it could be rooted with something like pdroid or whatever.

SpartaKess

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
The only reason I chose an S4 was because the lack of an external sd card. Problem solved nexted upgrade goes to HTC. If this phone fails to sell though does HTC and the support for the phone both disappear?

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
20% louder speakers. Great; as if people with obnoxiously loud ringtones and YouTube videos on their phones weren't annoying enough. Use headphones; nobody else wants to hear that crappy noise from a crappy cell phone speaker.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Definitely going to be holding on to my S3 for awhile. There has been 0 innovation from anyone for about 2 years now. Samsung and HTC just keep playing it safe. The Moto X is very good, but needs better hardware to be a serious upgrade. Here's to hoping the Note 4 or next gen Moto X will offer something unique because the S and One lines are becoming the new iPhones in that they slap a new SoC and a few gimmicks on there and call it a day.

Definitely going to be holding on to my S3 for awhile. There has been 0 innovation from anyone for about 2 years now. Samsung and HTC just keep playing it safe. The Moto X is very good, but needs better hardware to be a serious upgrade. Here's to hoping the Note 4 or next gen Moto X will offer something unique because the S and One lines are becoming the new iPhones in that they slap a new SoC and a few gimmicks on there and call it a day.
Better SoC, better camera and software, SD support... not exactly gimmicks.Maybe you should create a company, produce a phone and show us all how it's done.

Even better, they have confirmed a GPE for this phone... for people that like vanilla OS without the "gimmicks". Not that this was reported here, taken from Android Central.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
This is a step in the right direction and I like it. removable storage up to 128GB microSD? I just brought a 64GB UHS1 MicroSD card for $30, they could have released a 8GB, 16GB and the 32GB version of this phone and let users choose since external storage is so cheap.

boby1

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2002
Better SoC, better camera and software, SD support... not exactly gimmicks.Maybe you should create a company, produce a phone and show us all how it's done.Even better, they have confirmed a GPE for this phone... for people that like vanilla OS without the "gimmicks". Not that this was reported here, taken from Android Central.
Better camera? How better a phone camera can get? If you want better camera, just buy a normal standalone camera or SLR. This is a phone, not camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.