HTC Unveils World's First 1080p Smartphone HTC J Butterfly

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is what the Galaxy Note 2 phone should have had, but its called the butterfly lol? Really? How gay is that...Hey guys look at my new cool phone it has a 108p screen...What is it....Its a HTC. ....HTC what.....Uhm the ....Buttterfly....(laughter and heckling and in general mocking the rest of the night).

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]This is what the Galaxy Note 2 phone should have had, but its called the butterfly lol? Really? How gay is that...Hey guys look at my new cool phone it has a 108p screen...What is it....Its a HTC. ....HTC what.....Uhm the ....Buttterfly....(laughter and heckling and in general mocking the rest of the night).[/citation]
When it comes across the pond it'll be called the Cicada Killer.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
i. want. one. Ive been debating on what phone to get (had iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, Droid x2 and now Windows phone) or to just get a 7" tablet since i do a lot of web surfing and watch Netflix on lunch hour. This would fit both needs PERFECTLY! Please come to states and take my money!!

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]lahawzel[/nom]So uh, is this the second "world's first" on Tom's?http://www.tomshardware.com/news/O [...] 17494.html[/citation]
"Now, for the first time ever, experience the thrill of full 1080p."
Sound like someone you know? From E3? From Nintendo?

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
I would buy this phone but one thing I hate about HTC phones is that they moved the volume rocker from the left to right side. this has kept me from getting another HTC phone.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Waiting for the day when I come home hook up my phone to a TV and start editing in Adobe Premiere Pro. I wonder if it is even possible to run such complex software on current Smart Phones .

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]This is what the Galaxy Note 2 phone should have had, but its called the butterfly lol? Really? How gay is that...Hey guys look at my new cool phone it has a 108p screen...What is it....Its a HTC. ....HTC what.....Uhm the ....Buttterfly....(laughter and heckling and in general mocking the rest of the night).[/citation]

I'd just say "look at my new HTC 1080P". At least they didn't name it papillon.

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]Waiting for the day when I come home hook up my phone to a TV and start editing in Adobe Premiere Pro. I wonder if it is even possible to run such complex software on current Smart Phones .[/citation]

Run, probably technically possible. Use, likely not. Not enough CPU power or RAM. Give it maybe 2 years, if the hybrid tablet/laptop stuff takes off for ARM, expect to see them beef up the CPU and RAM to be able to take market share from people who need to run Premiere, CAD, and any other cpu or RAM hungry apps.

sherlockwing

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]Waiting for the day when I come home hook up my phone to a TV and start editing in Adobe Premiere Pro. I wonder if it is even possible to run such complex software on current Smart Phones .[/citation]

First your phone need a min-HDMI/display port/Thunderbolt output, then you need the right adaptor for your TV's HDMI/display port/thunderbolt input.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]lahawzel[/nom]So uh, is this the second "world's first" on Tom's?http://www.tomshardware.com/news/O [...] 17494.html[/citation]
LOL

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]tului[/nom]Run, probably technically possible. Use, likely not. Not enough CPU power or RAM. Give it maybe 2 years, if the hybrid tablet/laptop stuff takes off for ARM, expect to see them beef up the CPU and RAM to be able to take market share from people who need to run Premiere, CAD, and any other cpu or RAM hungry apps.[/citation]
don't be a fool...

smartphones will NEVER match CAD workstations nor will they come anywhere close. Do you have any idea what the specs are on workstations for CAD, Maya, Max, Vue???

http://www.boxxtech.com/products/3DBOXX/3DBOXX_Series.asp
http://www.boxxtech.com/products/RenderBOXX/rendering_Series.asp

...tired of seeing moronic posts such as these declaring smartphones and tablets are going to take over the world... and referring to CAD programs as 'apps'

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006

The spec looks like, not sure about the real life performance and battery life. All the reviews I read on Note 2 says exceptional battery life with buttery butter UI experience.

I like how my international SGS3 rocks with ICS, great 2 days battery life, will look forward to what Jelly Bean will bring to the table. I prefer touchwiz because of the notification-easy-access settings over my Nexus 7 plain notification system.

I heard Sense stutters a little.
The new LG Optimus G has the same cpu and it stutters a little too with LG UI on ICS.

As far as OEM skin, I think Samsung wins(purely based on my limited personal experiences)

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]I would buy this phone but one thing I hate about HTC phones is that they moved the volume rocker from the left to right side. this has kept me from getting another HTC phone.[/citation]
Leftist scum!

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]don't be a fool...smartphones will NEVER match CAD workstations nor will they come anywhere close. Do you have any idea what the specs are on workstations for CAD, Maya, Max, Vue???http://www.boxxtech.com/products/3 [...] Series.asphttp://www.boxxtech.com/products/R [...] Series.asp...tired of seeing moronic posts such as these declaring smartphones and tablets are going to take over the world... and referring to CAD programs as 'apps'[/citation]
Hold your horses ...technology advances very rapidly ... the current Galaxy S3 is able to run games with graphics that the desktop PC`s were just able to do in the early 2000, and all of that at 720p resolution. They will for sure not be able to run at their current year`s Workstations power but for sure in 2-5 years more than sure we will see mobile devices with the computing power of current PCs.
Don`t be like the 80`s "512 KB of RAM is enough"

cbfelterbush

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
No, thecolorblue is right on mark. The phones of a current gen are never going to compete against Pro level hardware of the same gen. And what is the point of comparing Phone to Workstation when we know that they will never really be on the same level.

I love Toms WORLDS FIRST...These retards cant even fact check their Local source information from their OWN website.

-CB

-CB

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]Hold your horses ...technology advances very rapidly ... the current Galaxy S3 is able to run games with graphics that the desktop PC`s were just able to do in the early 2000, and all of that at 720p resolution. They will for sure not be able to run at their current year`s Workstations power but for sure in 2-5 years more than sure we will see mobile devices with the computing power of current PCs. Don`t be like the 80`s "512 KB of RAM is enough"[/citation]

Here's the problem with your logic, software advances as well. In 4 years a smartphone may be able to run this year's CAD, but it won't run 2016's CAD. The amount of processing able to be done in an enclosure the size of a desktop will always be greater than the amount of processing that can be crammed into an enclosure the size of a phone. The demand of software will continuously rise making more powerful hardware a constant requirement. The only way smartphones can catch up to PCs is if the entire market stagnates to the point there is no more demand. In that way you are the one saying "512kb is enough", because you are implying that current hardware is all that will still be needed in 4 years, so that a phone with power to match this year's PCs will suffice in 4 years.

Anyway, have fun jumping at this gimmick. I'm sure people will be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080 on a 4 inch screen even though many can't even tell the difference on a 20 inch screen.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]don't be a fool...smartphones will NEVER match CAD workstations nor will they come anywhere close. Do you have any idea what the specs are on workstations for CAD, Maya, Max, Vue???http://www.boxxtech.com/products/3 [...] Series.asphttp://www.boxxtech.com/products/R [...] Series.asp...tired of seeing moronic posts such as these declaring smartphones and tablets are going to take over the world... and referring to CAD programs as 'apps'[/citation]
They may never catch up to desktop workstations, but the ultra-mobile form factor will eventually cross a performance threshold, providing users the processing muscle to run content creation and productivity software effectively from a smartphone sized device. Basically it'll be 'fast enough', where the convenience of a pocket sized device may out-way the performance benefits of a desktop workstation for some users. I sure hope you weren't saying the same thing about laptops a decade ago.

I don't think the comment you were responding to was 'declaring' a smartphone or tablet take over, and I'm personally tired of shortsighted enthusiasts who feel threatened into hysteria at the prospect of a future paradigm shift in the tech industry. Performance desktops/workstations aren't going anywhere, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.