[SOLVED] HTC Vive compatible towers

Jan 18, 2019
I have recently bought a HTC Vive and found out that my computer is not compatible. I don't know a lot about Computers and would appreciate suggestions to what gaming towers you use and what gaming towers I should buy.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Start by looking at the required hardware specs to support your VR environment and the VR games you wish to play.

Most games provide some listings categorized as minimal, recommended, and best.

You do not want minimal and your should get as much "best" as you can afford.

And, speaking of "afford" - what is your budget?

Jan 18, 2019

The budget is not a major issue , we just need to know what gaming towers will support this, we have no idea and we are after some recommendations to make a decisions, don't wish to spend thousands.

What is maximum you are interested to spend on the Tower. Do you also need entire setup with Monitor and Peripherals? Is there any size limitation or require the PC to be portable?
Budget- the maximum amount you are ready to throw in without any regrets is the limit.

Jan 18, 2019
We already have the monitors, keyboards, mice etc... We did the Steam Vr checkup and the only part of our Computer that could possibly work with the Vive was the fact that Our computer was in Windows 10. The tower we own right now would not be able to be modified and would be a lot more expensive than to just buy a brand new compatible tower. We've had a look on the HTC Vive website for the minimum working components we need... We just can't find a tower that fits to the checklist. All we really need is a recommendation as to what tower best fits our needs. The budget is around £400-£500 (unless this would make the towers not affordable), It would not need to be portable as it would be situated in one room and wouldn't be moved. Would anyone please tell us what Tower would be a best buy for us as we are struggling to search on our own.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Solution
Jan 18, 2019

Thank you for the advice, We really appreciate it.