[SOLVED] HTC Vive Controller Not Tracking

sethduncan17

Prominent
Jan 12, 2019
My HTC Vive controller stopped tracking in the middle of a game I was playng, and it hasn't worked since. The buttons still work, but I can't get it too be tracked. It just sits on SteamVR blinking. I tested if it was the same on my brother's PC, and it was. I've tried going in lighthouse console and unpairing then repairing but that didn't work. I'm trying my best to find a solution and I'm hoping someone on here could help me. Thank you in advance.

Solution
There are a few things you can try, if it is not working on multiple PCs then we can rule out some of the basic stuff like restarting the link box and disconnecting and reconnecting cables.

Your problem is most-likely to due to something going wrong along the display connection, i.e a problem with your DP cable, mini-DP adapter, the linkbox, the HDMI part of the 3 in 1 cable or finally the hmd itself. Most of these are cheap to fix and easier than sending it in to HTC.

Someone else may have some advice that doesn't require purchasing replacement cables, but that is the first thing that I am thinking if it is failing on multiple computers.

greggoodwin

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2013
greggoodwin.com
There are a few things you can try, if it is not working on multiple PCs then we can rule out some of the basic stuff like restarting the link box and disconnecting and reconnecting cables.

Your problem is most-likely to due to something going wrong along the display connection, i.e a problem with your DP cable, mini-DP adapter, the linkbox, the HDMI part of the 3 in 1 cable or finally the hmd itself. Most of these are cheap to fix and easier than sending it in to HTC.

Someone else may have some advice that doesn't require purchasing replacement cables, but that is the first thing that I am thinking if it is failing on multiple computers.

Solution