HTC Vive - software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Cave

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
i've ordered a 'used' HTC vive and understand i won't be able to redeem any games it came with.

What software do you guys use ? just looking to get some advice on what useful software or resources to use?

thanks

Solution
There is a feed I follow on facebook for HTC, and the guy gives pretty good reviews. In that, he gives a full description and then bluntly states whether it is worth wasting your time on. He's been pretty accurate. (found it!)
http://uploadvr.com/new-htc-vive-releases-for-the-week-of-100216/

That said.. I haven't found any single review site that remains as up-to-date as Steam User Reviews. The community is the best honest opinion on games, and will tell you how it is. I have avoided buying a lot of stinkers thanks to my fellow man... and there were times I didn't listed and regretted it.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
That is correct, as the software will be tied to your Steam Account (or VIVE account?)

As for software.. you mean games / experiences right?
Then I would recommend the following..
1) Go to Steam.
2) View VR games.
3) Sort by Rating / User Reviews.
4) Purchase based on that listing.

And at this point, I might wait for the Holiday Steam sale, cause pretty sure you can save about 40% on all the games, and you are going to spend some $$$ when you get the device and you just want one experience after another.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
There is a feed I follow on facebook for HTC, and the guy gives pretty good reviews. In that, he gives a full description and then bluntly states whether it is worth wasting your time on. He's been pretty accurate. (found it!)
http://uploadvr.com/new-htc-vive-releases-for-the-week-of-100216/

That said.. I haven't found any single review site that remains as up-to-date as Steam User Reviews. The community is the best honest opinion on games, and will tell you how it is. I have avoided buying a lot of stinkers thanks to my fellow man... and there were times I didn't listed and regretted it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.