Question HTML non-native aspect ratio video playback causes severe system lag ?

TimmyBuildsAComputer

Distinguished
May 15, 2017
Yea this one is fun. I cannot find a fix let alone find a mention of this issue anywhere.

Whether it's YouTube or Prime Video, if I am watching something that isn't 16:9 (my native res) my system lags quite a bit, you can hear the audio distorting. If I enter fullscreen, it completely freezes my system within seconds and audio is distorted and sounds like I'm BSODing. Pressing the fullscreen hotkey, it leaves fullscreen after 3-5 seconds finally then the lag goes away. Fullscreen basically drops my system FPS to less than 1.

Specs
CPU: Intel i5-12600KF
GPU: RTX 2080 Ti
RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200

please help

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Just to rule out your GPU drivers as the issue, use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

For the sake of relevance, what sort of temps do you see when your platform slows down to a lock up?