HTPC not passing 5.1 via HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Thomas

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
Ello all. Its been a serious minute since i last posted here. I have run into an interesting issue, though i thinkit may be a licensing issue but i am not sure.

Here is me HTPC specs:

16gb ddr ram
intell i5 3350
AMD r9 200 gpu
Proscan LED TV
Logitech z-5500 digital DTS sound system

SO here is how it all hooks up. HDMI from pc to LED TV. From the tv, i have a coax cable going to the audio receiver. The tv is set to have RAW audio pushed out the digital jack.

If i go to sound settings, it only allows me to choose sereo and 5.1/7.1 are all grayed out. Is this because of a licensing issue and tvs cant push 5.1 out their jacks? Even if the tv is setup to push raw data?

Granted, even with just stereo, all my speakers work becasue the reciver is simulating it, but i cant get TRUE DD or DTS via HDMI like i used to on my old toshiba tv with optic oput.

mobo does have a spdif pin out, i just need to build a cable for it. Just hopping to get it to work via HDMI if possible. if not, then i can buid the spdif connector.

thanks

Matt Thomas

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
i have done that on the tv end. i go to menu, audio, digital out: PCM. Still, when i right click on the speaker icon in win 10 and go to speasker setup, only stero is available... drive me nuts haha

Status
Not open for further replies.