Question Huawei b525 with router.

Foxis-

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
Hello, we have a 4G connection at home with a fast (for being 4G where i live) 40/10 mbit/s connection. But when certain people are at home, the internet is always slow. So i wanted to limit the bandwitdh on every user. I'm pretty sure that's not possible on the Huawei b525. I had a TP-Link 3420 at home, so i wanted to connect it. I connected the TP-Link router to the Huawei via the WAN ports. I plugged my other ethernet cable into the TP-Link and started the pc, i did not have any internet, but i was able to go into the settings on the TP-Link. But why doesnt it get any connection from the Huawei B525?

It should work fine. What I suspect is both routers are using the same ip range for their lan. This means the tplink box has the same subnet on its wan and lan. Many times you get warnings in the router when that happens.

I would change the lan ip on the tplink to something else.

Not sure what else could affect it. The tplink looks like a pc to the huawei device

Foxis-

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
It should work fine. What I suspect is both routers are using the same ip range for their lan. This means the tplink box has the same subnet on its wan and lan. Many times you get warnings in the router when that happens.

I would change the lan ip on the tplink to something else.

Not sure what else could affect it. The tplink looks like a pc to the huawei device
Thanks, how do you do that?

Foxis-

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
This is the problem with web based stuff I can't just give you some command. You are going to have to read the manual or find the screen with the lan settings on it and change it.
Are you talking about the default gateway? If so, they are already not the same.

This is a pretty basic function to not work. If you were to pretend the huawei router was your ISP you just plug the second router in and it should work. Not sure why it would not. Maybe reset the tplink to factory but it still does not make sense that it does not work.

Reactions: Foxis-

Foxis-

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
This is a pretty basic function to not work. If you were to pretend the huawei router was your ISP you just plug the second router in and it should work. Not sure why it would not. Maybe reset the tplink to factory but it still does not make sense that it does not work.
maybe i should just contact the isp or huaweo? since it also didn't work when i tried using pfsense as a router.