Not open for further replies.

faisalkhan01

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
You might want to have a look:

Amazon to acquire twitch, giving a competition to its fellow rival Google
http://geekthem.com/amazon-acquires-twitch-online-streaming-gaming-site/

G

I'd get a windows phone. Because it has everything I want, especially Internet Explorer!

Yes, and I love chewing on rusty nails.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Instead I'll get an android because it's so fun to give location, photo, contacts access permission to every "free" app.
But I see your point with Windows Explorer:-D

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
We're getting there.. Windows Phone is simply going to disappear and become Windows. It will be x86, run on a PC, and also run on phones and tablets. You already see it happening as Windows 8.1 tablets are popping up at $100 these days... simply add a 4G modem, and now you have a smart-phone.

G

I read all the reviews & comments for Windows phone. So much negativity surrounding it, no wonder why people are put off investing. After looking for a new phone, I wanted something other than Android & iphone. I ignored the biased reviews & silly user comments, bought the Lumia 930 & can truly say this rig is incredible!!! Well done Microsoft!!! This OS (for me) craps all over the competition & is a breath of fresh air. Huawei should really reconsider the "on hold" decision for the WP as from a user perspective, the WP will be going places fast in the near future. A mature OS that can run fluently on less hardware, is well presented & optimised by a company that dominates the computing market. The app store seems saturated with good quality apps, I have found every app that I need (and more) to date. List continues to grow too & with more traction, more of those obscure apps people quote (& to be honest, probably only use once a year or so, if that) not being listed in the app store will probably show up. I have come to the conclusion it's cool to bash Microsoft, regardless of what they achieve & I'm not sure why. Credit where credit is due.

B4vB5

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Owner of both an iPhone and a WP8(Windows Phone 8) here. I ditched my old iPhone 4S for a Nokia 930 and it was initially a rough ride as I have my main mail accounts as Gmail and Google Drive.

But truth be told, WP8 is trying hard and doing decently and the apps may be few and rare, but they are of high enough quality for by far the most things. The HW is EXCELLENT and if Nokia phones could run Android by rooting them(which I believe they can) it would be the best phones out there for Android as well.

This is why Huawei and WP don't mean jack! Sure, Nokia will have almost monopoly on WP phones, but since they are owned by MS, they can make the HW they want and WP will automatically have drivers and apps ready for them, just like iPhones and iOS fits like a glove. No KitKat waiting there.

And while Android has a free-for-all coding standard that leads to malware in alot of apps, WP has some control but not user-hostile like Apple and you can basically use you phone as an USB key in Windows. If only more apps would come WP's way, then it could and should get 33% of the market, cause no way MS is just backing out after buying Nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.