Huawei CEO Warns ‘Mediocre Employees’ of Looming Pink Slips Amid Global Concerns

Jan 14, 2019

From a company that exemplifies nepotism?

DalaiLamar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009

Why should it be if the employee is qualified?

DalaiLamar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009

No one would have bought from them under threats.

Jan 14, 2019

So you don't find it strange that the CEO's family members are invested with important positions within the company and that there probably aren't others around more qualified to do those jobs? The implication I got was that those not well-connected and otherwise unremarkable would be looking for other work shortly, NOT the mediocre who have pull with the big wigs.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014

lol...who do you think they mean when they say "mediocre employees"?

Jan 22, 2019
I don't understand why people taking all these spying, technology theft accusations by politicians without any proof as a matter of fact. This is obvious political motivated and reminisce accusations of Japanese companies in th 80's when their industries were being threated. Yet, documented spying cases involve US tech companies like Cisco revealed by Edward Snowden didn't seems to bother people at all.

But you wouldn't mind their bosses (Chinese Gov't) kidnapping two of your citizens because the US asked Canada to hold and extradite their CEO.

Huawei is sooooooo squeaky clean!

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014

You're kidding, right? There is well documented evidence that China has stolen IP and Trade Secrets worth hundreds of billion of dollars annually. All you have to do is make even the slightest effort to research it objectively. I know they have stolen extensively from the company I work for.

Heck, to a large degree China doesn't even bother disputing it, unless confronted with media or press consumed by their own people (which they of course control, so that's not really a problem).

Reactions: bit_user