Huawei Honor 5X, Hands On: A Nice Surprise At $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacklongley

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Kudos for defining the LTE bands supported. Please include the LTE category rating in future articles as well.

Note that the Honor 5X is only a Category 4 device, so it's comparable in LTE speeds to the Nexus 5 and iPhone 6. It's a shame that a new device couldn't have a new LTE modem to support Cat 6 speeds.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Kudos for defining the LTE bands supported. Please include the LTE category rating in future articles as well.

Note that the Honor 5X is only a Category 4 device, so it's comparable in LTE speeds to the Nexus 5 and iPhone 6. It's a shame that a new device couldn't have a new LTE modem to support Cat 6 speeds.

Good note, thanks!

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Not impressed at all. For me for just a little bit more money Alcatel Idol 3 5.5" stays the best choice with S615 especially for younger population (that aprichiate it's audio futures).

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I welcome the app lock feature as there are apps I would like to lock down such as all my chat apps. The banking apps pretty much take care of themselves with their own security but the only app I've found with security was BBM

jacklongley

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Definitely would agree with that, though buyer beware when it comes to the amount of bloatware preinstalled and outside Android 4.4 controls for disabling or uninstalling. Even Samsung is blushing at the amount preinstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.