News Huawei says China's AI progress will not be stopped by US sanctions on GPUs and chipmaking tech

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Not surprised. China has the manpower and the money to keep pressing forward, even with the sanctions. Tom's Hardware has been reporting as far back as 15 years ago that China had been snatching really great computer engineers from all over the world (some were hinted at being not completely "honest", which doesn't surprise me). They've been playing the long game for a long time.
I also think it's going to be problematic in the sense of money. Many countries are going further and further in debt, but not China. I think it's going to be the same as the Cold War where Russia just went broke at the end. Western politicians are going to do the same to us now and I think China will end up on top, which is a scary thing.

Silas Sanchez

Proper
Feb 2, 2024
The world needs a power like china to oppose the US who is greedy and selfish and really only cares about them selves and ultimately wants the rest of the world to remain little and much less rich. That is not how man is suppose to live, in inequality, people with nothing on one side of the world while US corporations are worth trillions, its absolutely shameful. Bertrand Russel in the 1950s said the world is hideous, its truly hideous, well it just goes to show you that all things are relative.
We need a balance of power in the world or else there literally isn't anything to keep the US inline, they are becoming too powerful, too corrupt, and influential and that is dangerous, which will become more apparent later in the century to western allies once environmental stressors are enormous. When the world is in a crisis, its the US who overall benefits and they love that, they love being able to spend a trillion each year on military when each passing year other countries economies just fold and deteriorate. Their tools are not rationalism, instead they are just bias, antagonistic, and hypocrites, just behaving childish accusing other countries of wrong doing based on what they think is right rather than what actually is.
The sanctions are just going to make China more determined to become powerful and fully self sufficient. Everything the US is doing is fundamentally broken, they have the biggest military budget, but isn't it funny they also have the biggest threats? 20yrs in Afgan to replace the taliban with the taliban, yep they cant fix the worlds problems and deep down they know it. That is whats scary! The attempt to fix things and just make them worse.

We haven't seen the big picture yet as its distorted by bias media, wait until 2030+ at least, then you will see Chinas potential.

Reactions: nookoool
Not surprised. China has the manpower and the money to keep pressing forward, even with the sanctions. Tom's Hardware has been reporting as far back as 15 years ago that China had been snatching really great computer engineers from all over the world (some were hinted at being not completely "honest", which doesn't surprise me). They've been playing the long game for a long time.
I also think it's going to be problematic in the sense of money. Many countries are going further and further in debt, but not China. I think it's going to be the same as the Cold War where Russia just went broke at the end. Western politicians are going to do the same to us now and I think China will end up on top, which is a scary thing.
I don’t know where you are getting your financial information from, but the facts are that China’s federal debt is 290% of GDP and skyrocketing. Also, the number of provincial governments in severe debt and bankruptcy is alarming.

https://www.ft.com/content/e8cb37b6-df30-4729-8509-8fc4d482d287

The world needs a power like china to oppose the US who is greedy and selfish and really only cares about them selves and ultimately wants the rest of the world to remain little and much less rich. That is not how man is suppose to live, in inequality, people with nothing on one side of the world while US corporations are worth trillions, its absolutely shameful. Bertrand Russel in the 1950s said the world is hideous, its truly hideous, well it just goes to show you that all things are relative.
We need a balance of power in the world or else there literally isn't anything to keep the US inline, they are becoming too powerful, too corrupt, and influential and that is dangerous, which will become more apparent later in the century to western allies once environmental stressors are enormous. When the world is in a crisis, its the US who overall benefits and they love that, they love being able to spend a trillion each year on military when each passing year other countries economies just fold and deteriorate. Their tools are not rationalism, instead they are just bias, antagonistic, and hypocrites, just behaving childish accusing other countries of wrong doing based on what they think is right rather than what actually is.
The sanctions are just going to make China more determined to become powerful and fully self sufficient. Everything the US is doing is fundamentally broken, they have the biggest military budget, but isn't it funny they also have the biggest threats? 20yrs in Afgan to replace the taliban with the taliban, yep they cant fix the worlds problems and deep down they know it. That is whats scary! The attempt to fix things and just make them worse.

We haven't seen the big picture yet as it’s distorted by bias media, wait until 2030+ at least, then you will see Chinas potential.
Well written… riddled with disinformation and errors…but well written.