Huawei vs Cisco switch

charifmo

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hi, I have connected Huawei switch with Cisco switch using one single fiber with LX SFP. The port is up on one side (Blinking on Huawei side) and down on Cisco side...Please help

Simo606

Honorable
May 11, 2012
On the Cisco switch do a 'show ip interface brief' in privileged mode (enable). Check to see if the port is up.

If the port is down, from privileged mode go to config mode by typing 'configure terminal' then enter the interface type and number for example 'serial 0/0' (make sure you put the interface type and number for you switch in). Once in there type 'no shutdown'. If the port is merely down (usually administratively down) that should bring it up. If not then it is some other configuration.

charifmo

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
In fact, the port is admin up but is declared "non connected"..this is not the problem, we have changed port configuration to no autonegociate speed and the port is up
but CPU consuption of the cisco switch were 100% and it become too slow (it's a backbone operator switch => critical equipment i can not miss with it :p) ...I can not undestand why the CPU have been this critical till I shut down the port and change back the configuration to auto negotiate speed

Charles0326

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
This problem only appears when you connect Huawei switches to Cisco? We have connected some Huawei switches (most of them are LS-S3328TP-EI-AC) to Cisco 4500 switches, my Huawei supplier Huanetwork.com told us as long as we are using the same SFP module type (like 1310nm), they can work perfectly work each other, according to our experience, it do work fine.

Could you give us more information on this? It is a Cisco problem or compatible problem between Cisco and Huawei, as we already have Cisco and Huawei products on our network and now considering the performance/cost, we plan to get more Huawei switches at access/aggregation layer.