Question Huaweii Ban?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
(Appreciating I am from the UK, when the main debate is occurring in the US)

I have little doubt it will cause issues for a period of time.

They've ultimately labelled it under national security, so i'd imagine it's going to have an impact, as large businesses will ultimately have to follow domestic law, and not something they will retract from easily without a big change.

Either way, the general public will likely never know if there is real legitimacy to the security claims, or if it is just a disguise for more political warfare, either way, I cannot imagine the risk of national security being retracted from quickly or easily.

But I also believe it's in the best interest of the industry and the Chinese manufacturers to try and sort it out, as they will want to really get into the western hemisphere, even if it means making some changes. That's my thought process anyway.

brian badonde

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
(Appreciating I am from the UK, when the main debate is occurring in the US)

I have little doubt it will cause issues for a period of time.

They've ultimately labelled it under national security, so i'd imagine it's going to have an impact, as large businesses will ultimately have to follow domestic law, and not something they will retract from easily without a big change.

Either way, the general public will likely never know if there is real legitimacy to the security claims, or if it is just a disguise for more political warfare, either way, I cannot imagine the risk of national security being retracted from quickly or easily.

But I also believe it's in the best interest of the industry and the Chinese manufacturers to try and sort it out, as they will want to really get into the western hemisphere, even if it means making some changes. That's my thought process anyway.

Yeah im UK as well, I don't think it's really about national security, regardless I don't mind america doing what they like with private companies but the fact it affects the rest of the world is a bit mad really.

I'll admit that there is a technical foundation for concerns with allowing a political and economic adversary such a deep reach into communications infrastructure; as well as cultural clashes which make it a no-brainer for the Chinese to go ahead with worming their way into same; but I wish we weren't saddled with the idiot in the White House speaking for us.

He is, at the very least, profoundly unskillful.

Sgt_Sykes

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
It's quite ironic that Google of all companies is crying about spying but whatever.

I mean really what difference does it make whether an US or Chinese companies is spying on you?

Actually it gets worse because in case of Google (and other companies like that) they literally spy on common people. If China spies on the governments... I don't care about that. All governments play the power and spy games, especially the big countries. Let them play. What I don't like is my phone tracking everything I do and sending the data somewhere to be packaged and sold.

Which leads to... Well Huawei is I believe the 2nd largest phone manufacturer, so they have lots of power to crate their own Android fork. And Google's Android dominance absolutely needs competition.

TRENDING THREADS