Huawei's Massive 6.1-inch Ascend Mate Hits the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
According to GSM Arena, this is running a K3V2 chipset, which is a quad-core A9 CPU. You can find much better specs (such as faster Krait or Snapdragon core) for you buck in this price and size range (around $400-500). I'd say the Galaxy Mega 6.3 is looking more attractive, assuming you want a phone that big.

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
When I first inherited my sisters Kindle Fire (first edition, she upgraded), I thought it would be a great idea if it was capable of making phone calls . . . less than a year later, voila.

Though it's a bit unwieldy as a phone, it saves you from needing an extra device. I think it's a great idea for folks who routinely carry their tablet in addition to their phone.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Phones are just getting too massive. The note 2 was kind of in it's own class because it had the stylus, but Sony attempted something similar and other OEMs made "phablets as well". Phones larger than 5.5 are obnoxious and less portable. Might as well start holding up ten-inch tabs to our head for phone calls.

halcyon

Splendid
I think phones in this size class are for folks like me who only occasionally use them to make phone calls and, when I do, what others think I may or may not look like while doing so couldn't be any more irrelevant. The real question is why make a device in this size class with any less than a 1080p display and top-end CPU? "Uh, I want a low-to-mid end big-a** phone." How many people are really saying that? Speaking of phablets, I really do hope Sammy gets the Note 3 specs right. I'm expecting a high-end air-launched low-flying cruise missile of a gadget in the Note 3. Seems like Huawei is aiming this at a differently targeted audience.

Giovanni-L

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
@eddieroolz

I'm 6'5" and Galaxy Note 2 fits me quite comfortably. A bigger phone? I dunno... I already find mine a bit uncomfortable to type with one hand on a 5.5" screen... The one-hand-keyboard-mode is not really usefull because it simply shrinks the keyboard so your thumb can reach the characters.

One thing i really think should exist in android 4.1 is to add more homescreens than 7. Its a bit cool to have a homescreen for a specific task and i feel like i could use a couple more. 10 or 12 would be sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.