Question Huge Average PC Latency

Feb 8, 2023
Hey there,

I have very weird problem. My PC (i5-13600K, 4070 Ti, Asus Primr B660M, 16 GB RAM) worked totally fine few days ago. Yesterday i went to BIOS and set everything to default. I am not sure if thats the cause, but the same day some big issues with my PC Average Latency began. I get over 80ms to beyond 110 ms in every single game. I can actually feel the delays as if i would play multiplayer game with huge Ping. Its especially visible during fights in Witcher 3. Enemies are collapsing few seconds after they’re killed. Even though FPS are beyond 150. I tried reinstalling Win 11, updating BIOS, installing previous graphics drivers, ran multiple stress tests on PC (for GPU and CPU) - everything is fine. I disabled and enabled XMP - nothing. I am at a loss here. PC is new and it works like 20 Year old junk now. What use i have from a lot of FPS when i have such huge delays?

I also ran program called LatencyMON - it shows HUGE problems with latency marked in red. I tried uninstalling almost every driver and that did not help either.

I will be grateful for any ideas. Thank you in advance for literally any response with some ideas as to What could happen

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, why did you need to set all settings to factory/stock? The next thing you should check on is the BIOS version at this moment of time. As for your build you forgot to include the make and model of your PSU, the cooler for your CPU and the case.

Feb 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, why did you need to set all settings to factory/stock? The next thing you should check on is the BIOS version at this moment of time. As for your build you forgot to include the make and model of your PSU, the cooler for your CPU and the case.
Thank you for reply.

The PSU is CoolerMaster MWU Gold V2
850W,

the case is Genesis IRID 505 V2 MIDI Tower,

CPU cooler is SilentiumPC Fera 5,

thermalpaste is thermal grizzly kryonaut.

RAM 2x 8GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3733 MHz CLI17.

current BIOS version is 2212. Version from which i updated was 2014.

i reset it to default by mistake

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Did you clear the CMOS after you've verified that the BIOS was successfully updated? In BIOS, is CSM enabled? See if disabling CSM changes your experience of the platform. Manually set the information shown on the sticker of the ram(s) in your BIOS and see if that helps you out. Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?