lugnut

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004

In my Add or Remove Programs panel, I have a huge blank blue
background area. It is in the middle of the installed
programs list between the "O's". Has anyone seen this? How
do I fix it to make the installed programs list complete and
contiguous?

Courtesy of Kelly
Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Add or Remove - White Space
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#ws

[[This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number. From
here you can either remove the negative number or remove the last
application listed: Start/Run/Regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{} ]
]

AutoCad Fix
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autocadaddremovefix.zip

Autodesk Land Desktop 3 Fix
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip

===

I have AutoCAD LT 2000i. The white space in Add or Remove Programs usually
shows up after the AutoCAD LT 2000i listing. If you want to tweak the
registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
F2D7-0065-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
DisplayIcon
REG_SZ
C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2000i\aclt.exe,-1

Notice the aclt.exe,-1?? You can change it to read aclt.exe,1

Or you can run one of the fixes. I have both autocadaddremovefix.zip &
autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip. They both include icons.
autocadaddremovefix.vbs is the one that works for me. It's easier to use
the fix than changing the -1.

I get the white space in Add or Remove Programs every time that I add or
remove a program. It isn't always AutoCAD LT that has the white space after
it, sometimes it's another program. At any rate, one of the fixes will
work. Until the next time. ;-)

autocadaddremovefix.vbs adds an autocad.ico icon to the %systemroot%\web
folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
DisplayIcon
REG_EXPAND_SZ
%systemroot%\web\autocad.ico

autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.vbs adds an acad.ico icon to the
%systemroot%\web folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
DisplayIcon
REG_EXPAND_SZ
%systemroot%\web\acad.ico
-----

From snowman...
AutoCAD 2002 is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
{5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:eek:fp4p0lnl6f2acomablfe0gur5bshuagsb@4ax.com,
lugnut <lugnut@bellsouth.net> hunted and pecked:
> In my Add or Remove Programs panel, I have a huge blank blue
> background area. It is in the middle of the installed
> programs list between the "O's". Has anyone seen this? How
> do I fix it to make the installed programs list complete and
> contiguous?

lugnut

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:23:25 -0700, "Wesley Vogel"
<123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:

>Courtesy of Kelly
>Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
>2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
>
>Add or Remove - White Space
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#ws
>
>[[This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number. From
>here you can either remove the negative number or remove the last
>application listed: Start/Run/Regedit:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{} ]
>]
>
>AutoCad Fix
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autocadaddremovefix.zip
>
>Autodesk Land Desktop 3 Fix
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip
>
>===
>
>I have AutoCAD LT 2000i. The white space in Add or Remove Programs usually
>shows up after the AutoCAD LT 2000i listing. If you want to tweak the
>registry...
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
>F2D7-0065-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
>DisplayIcon
>REG_SZ
>C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2000i\aclt.exe,-1
>
>Notice the aclt.exe,-1?? You can change it to read aclt.exe,1
>
>Or you can run one of the fixes. I have both autocadaddremovefix.zip &
>autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip. They both include icons.
>autocadaddremovefix.vbs is the one that works for me. It's easier to use
>the fix than changing the -1.
>
>I get the white space in Add or Remove Programs every time that I add or
>remove a program. It isn't always AutoCAD LT that has the white space after
>it, sometimes it's another program. At any rate, one of the fixes will
>work. Until the next time. ;-)
>
>autocadaddremovefix.vbs adds an autocad.ico icon to the %systemroot%\web
>folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
>F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
>DisplayIcon
>REG_EXPAND_SZ
>%systemroot%\web\autocad.ico
>
>autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.vbs adds an acad.ico icon to the
>%systemroot%\web folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
>F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
>DisplayIcon
>REG_EXPAND_SZ
>%systemroot%\web\acad.ico
>-----
>
>From snowman...
>AutoCAD 2002 is
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
>{5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}

Never had Autocad in system but, ran scripts anyway. Both
indicated white space removed. I also did the registry edit
with no help. This space starts as a solid color and goes
into broad vertical black and white stripes before becomming
completely black. If you keep scrolling, you arrive at the
programs beginning with the remainder of the "O's". There
does not appeart to be anything missing - just the huge
space.

Thanks

Lugnut

Did you reboot?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:f227p013419dov7864js0r1k3kkfqokpfl@4ax.com,
> [...]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
>> F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
>> DisplayIcon
>> REG_EXPAND_SZ
>> %systemroot%\web\acad.ico
>> -----
>>
>> From snowman...
>> AutoCAD 2002 is
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
>> {5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
>

> Never had Autocad in system but, ran scripts anyway. Both
> indicated white space removed. I also did the registry edit
> with no help. This space starts as a solid color and goes
> into broad vertical black and white stripes before becomming
> completely black. If you keep scrolling, you arrive at the
> programs beginning with the remainder of the "O's". There
> does not appeart to be anything missing - just the huge

lugnut

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:37:44 -0700, "Wesley Vogel"
<123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:

>Did you reboot?

Yes. The machine has been rebooted several times since with
no change. I went thru all the uninstall registry keys to
find all the 0 or negative values. Eliminated all of them
one by one rebooting after each change after backing the
registry. No change so far. The system apparently works as
it should with the exception of the large blank area in the
uninstall list. I even uninstalled the last software before
the area and the first one after to see if one of them was
the problem. I would just roll the system back a day or two
but, I don't know when this started. Win XP has been
extremely stable and troublefree here. BTW, I am using
WinXP Pro SP2.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

No ideas. We all have our XP problems. Some you just have to live with.
;-(

I won't list my XP problems here.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.