[SOLVED] Huge Computer slow down. how do i know what's wrong

Feb 16, 2019
Soo, my computer recently stopped working properly and I'm not sure why. The disc started sounding weird a few months back but stopped. It still does it when I start my computer and it takes forever before i can open anything at all.

I only have one disc, a 2T HDD I have had no problems with fps in different games but all of a sudden I got almost no fps in any game I play. not even the most simple and non-demanding games. the only game I haven't seen a dramatic change in is World of warcraft. but games like diablo 3, ARK survival evolved, or even terraria are not playable any longer. the disc goes to 100% usage at like 4-5 MB/s

I don't know much about computers but got an uncle who builds computers as a living so he might be able to help. just need to know what to ask for :p

Solution
I'm not sure exactly, we handed 2 computers in at a repair shop and that was about 1 year ago. I think he used the same disk so it could be like up to 4 years old. or a lot more
Brand and model number of the disk?
If that age is correct and it has been used a lot, then the more likely its a disk error. Anyway, try the above. If it doesnt help it may be a physical/mechanical issue and the disk needs to be replaced.

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Soo, my computer recently stopped working properly and I'm not sure why. The disc started sounding weird a few months back but stopped. It still does it when I start my computer and it takes forever before i can open anything at all.

I only have one disc, a 2T HDD I have had no problems with fps in different games but all of a sudden I got almost no fps in any game I play. not even the most simple and non-demanding games. the only game I haven't seen a dramatic change in is World of warcraft. but games like diablo 3, ARK survival evolved, or even terraria are not playable any longer. the disc goes to 100% usage at like 4-5 MB/s

I don't know much about computers but got an uncle who builds computers as a living so he might be able to help. just need to know what to ask for :p
Run chkdsk to check for disk errors (guide here how to use it)
Defrag the disk
If it doesnt help
Reinstall windows

How old is the disk?

Feb 16, 2019
Run chkdsk to check for disk errors (guide here how to use it)
Defrag the disk
If it doesnt help
Reinstall windows

How old is the disk?

I'm not sure exactly, we handed 2 computers in at a repair shop and that was about 1 year ago. I think he used the same disk so it could be like up to 4 years old. or a lot more

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Brand and model number of the disk?
If that age is correct and it has been used a lot, then the more likely its a disk error. Anyway, try the above. If it doesnt help it may be a physical/mechanical issue and the disk needs to be replaced.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS