Hello everyone. Id first like to start this by listing my specs:

12700kf
4070 Ti
32GB RAM 3600Mhz
MSI H610m-D Pro mobo,
x850W Corsair 80 Gold PSU
970 EVO 1TB SSD
a nice airflow case.

My problem is this. While playing any games, my gpu usage is nearly at 40-60%. As well as the same for my cpu maybe a little lower hard to tell. My temps never go above 70 or even 65 really. I dont know if this is due to a <removed> mobo with bad vrm cooling. If its just corrupted nvidida gpu drivers or what. Theres really nothing else to mention. No vsync, my games optimized. I run a 240z 1440p display. Im not really sure. New mobo comes tmrw. Its a b660m mortar by msi. I heard the VRM is made for performance so ig ill know if that effects anything. Is there anything else you guys would know about any of this? PCIe ports? something corrupt like CMON LOL. My wattage is also low for gpu forgot to mention

<bad language removed by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MSI H610m-D Pro
Ideally, you should've gone with a Z series (Z690/Z790)chipset to get the most out of your platform. + That motherboard isn't something I'd pair with the unlocked processors, on any given day

a nice airflow case.
That doesn't specify the make and model of the case you're working with. Please add that.

Corsair RMx? If so, how old is the PSU? Speaking of old, what discrete GPU were you working with prior to the RTX4070Ti?

How is your game performance?
That is what really counts.

Yes, the motherboard may not be allowing the cpu to reach it's turbo max.

Less than 100% use of cpu or gpu is normal, and really, a good thing.
If you max at 100% of anything, it represents a potential limitation when you get a higher peak demand.

Feb 28, 2023
How is your game performance?
That is what really counts.

Yes, the motherboard may not be allowing the cpu to reach it's turbo max.

Less than 100% use of cpu or gpu is normal, and really, a good thing.
If you max at 100% of anything, it represents a potential limitation when you get a higher peak demand.

On rainbow six siege i see people getting upwards of 500+ on 1440p low settings. In a game, im barely even reaching 200ish. And no i understand my cpu. But my GPU should atleast be in the 90's

Feb 28, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MSI H610m-D Pro
Ideally, you should've gone with a Z series (Z690/Z790)chipset to get the most out of your platform. + That motherboard isn't something I'd pair with the unlocked processors, on any given day

a nice airflow case.
That doesn't specify the make and model of the case you're working with. Please add that.

Corsair RMx? If so, how old is the PSU? Speaking of old, what discrete GPU were you working with prior to the RTX4070Ti?

I know the mobo wasnt the best option. I instead ordered a b660 MAG mortar from msi.
When it comes to case its the nzxt flow case.
And yes it is the RMx series from corsair.

Forgot to mention this build is brand new. Built it about a week ago

Forgetting about statistics, how is your gameplay?
Do you exhibit any stuttering?
Any image issues?
or???
What is the 500+ you mentioned?
Is this a fps number, in which case, how is it measured?
You say your games are optimized; optimized for what?

All this is to ask the question, do you really have a problem that needs fixing.

Feb 28, 2023
Forgetting about statistics, how is your gameplay?
Do you exhibit any stuttering?
Any image issues?
or???
What is the 500+ you mentioned?
Is this a fps number, in which case, how is it measured?
You say your games are optimized; optimized for what?

All this is to ask the question, do you really have a problem that needs fixing.

NO stuttering. Simply extremely low GPU usage and half the fps i should be getting...
And yes that is there fps average, while mine sits at 200 with nearly the same exact settings and same specs.

NO stuttering. Simply extremely low GPU usage and half the fps i should be getting...
And yes that is there fps average, while mine sits at 200 with nearly the same exact settings and same specs.
Do you have an extra fan you can point at the vrms to test? If its the VRMs getting too hot this should help alleviate the issue. It could also be that the VRMs cannot deliver what the 12700kf needs to operate at the frequencies that it needs to get better performance.

Feb 28, 2023
Do you have an extra fan you can point at the vrms to test? If its the VRMs getting too hot this should help alleviate the issue. It could also be that the VRMs cannot deliver what the 12700kf needs to operate at the frequencies that it needs to get better performance.

Just recieved a new mobo. Didnt chane anything in terms of where i should be at. So has to be a small mistake