Question Huge FPS drops after game crashes and had to force restart

Jun 7, 2019
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17477568

My game crashed while playing Planetside 2 and I couldn't open task manager to force close it, so I had to force restart the PC from the case. It got stuck on the "Restarting" animation so I reset it again and from then on whenever I hope into a game I have huge FPS drops from how it was before. I've tried around 4 games and in all but one, I'm having the same issues. The games I'm having issues with are Dota 2, Planetside 2, and Sekiro. Street Fighter V felt like it played normally although I didn't test for too long.

I've tried multiple solutions to no avail. This is what I've tried thus far:

Win10 Memory Diagnostic Tool (no errors)

CrystalDiskInfo (Healthy)

SystemFileCheck (no errors)

DISM (no errors)

Disk Check (no errors)

Disk Cleanup

CCleaner (deleted Registry)

Swapped the RAM sticks

Reimage Repair (bought the license and ran the fixes)

Hot CPU Tester Pro (no errors, ran for around 20-30 mins only though)

Clean reinstall of Nivida Drivers

Opened up the PC and cleaned it up and checked connections

Specs:
Win 10 Home

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

i5 7600k (no OC)

ASUS Z270-K

Hyper X DDR4 8GB (x2)

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B

I'm running out of solutions at this point and I'm trying to avoid having to reinstall Windows so hoping someone here can give me something I haven't tried yet. There are probably a couple solutions I tried that I forgot to mention but I'll edit if I remember.

EDIT: HWMonitor is showing my Motherboard (Mainboard) Temp as 120C. That seems too high if I'm not mistaken? Also, I ran a Windows Defender full scan and no threats were found.

EDIT: Tried resetting Win10 installation and it wont even let me. Keep getting errors that there was a problem resetting it.

Last edited: