Huge FPS drops for games that meet the recommended requirements.

Apr 23, 2018
I play games like skyrim , csgo , call of duty mw3 on my laptop which some of the games i play meet the recommended requirements for the game to run well like csgo but even though it meets the requirements it gets a huge fps drops sometimes even when i'm not doing anything in the game

My laptop stats :

Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4210M @ 2.60GHz 54 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
CASPER BILGISAYAR SISTEMLERI A.S C15B (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Unknown)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce 840M (Unknown) 47 °C
ForceWare version: 391.35
SLI Disabled
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000LPVX-22V0TT0 (SATA) 38 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FB
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio .

(sorry for my bad English)

Solution
Sorry, this is how it is; recommended is often only good for mid range game settings, and even top end gear can see wild fluctuations in fps. If the fps is dropping too low, you can try lowering the game gfx settings - often there will be a guide on the game forum detailing which setting give the best improvement.

Having said that, some games just have blackspots where even the latest Cray super computer wont get 10fps - they are down to bad programming.

Other options are back ground tasks stealing cpu cycles, you can sometimes reduce this by using the Task Manager "Affinity" settings, to make the game use the cpu cores that appear least used by the OS.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Sorry, this is how it is; recommended is often only good for mid range game settings, and even top end gear can see wild fluctuations in fps. If the fps is dropping too low, you can try lowering the game gfx settings - often there will be a guide on the game forum detailing which setting give the best improvement.

Having said that, some games just have blackspots where even the latest Cray super computer wont get 10fps - they are down to bad programming.

Other options are back ground tasks stealing cpu cycles, you can sometimes reduce this by using the Task Manager "Affinity" settings, to make the game use the cpu cores that appear least used by the OS.

Solution