[SOLVED] Huge frame drops in GTA V

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Hi,
So i've recently downloaded the the original game from the epic games store ,
Everything's fine My game is running smoothly i get playable frame rates but like after 15 mins or so ,My game freezes like crazy..At first i feel some minor drops but they increase after time idk what's the issue really annoyed by it.
I'm playing on almost max setting (apart from MSAA and advance setting) as it doesn't matter what setting i choose in graphics setting i get the same result everytime.
My system is a Core 2 Quad Q6600 OCed @2.9ghz paired with GTX 1050 2gb 7gb ram.

Solution
Hi,
Everything's fine My game is running smoothly i get playable frame rates but like after 15 mins or so ,My game freezes like crazy..At first i feel some minor drops but they increase after time idk what's the issue really annoyed by it.
I'm playing on almost max setting (apart from MSAA and advance setting) as it doesn't matter what setting i choose in graphics setting i get the same result everytime.
You should not be using max textures on a GPU with only 2Gb,as soon as the vram is full it's starting to have to swap out data and is causing slow downs.
Hi,
You should not be using max textures on a GPU with only 2Gb,as soon as the vram is full it's starting to have to swap out data and is causing slow downs.

Solution

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Yeah man maybe you're right,My VRAM is exceeded but no frame drops using high texture but after sometime of playing.
My RAM is almost full (91%) used in task manager about 550 MB ram is left so maybe its causing the issue.