Question Huge lag spikes when clicking onto applications on second monitor and vice versa

Apr 23, 2019
When using a computer intensive application, in this case photoshop (although it happens with nearly all applications that require a bit more power than chrome), if I click off the application onto the second monitor my computer immediately freezes up and has almost always 2 major lag spikes that last about a second each. This also happens when clicking back onto these applications. It doesn't seem to matter which monitor the application is running on, as long as I click onto the other monitor my computer will have those lag spikes. This issue doesn't happen with less intensive tasks such as Google Chrome, Discord, Spotify, and Steam. I have already checked for bumps in GPU, CPU, RAM, temps, and disk usage when this occurs, although they don't seem to change at all when it lags. What should I do?

Computer Specs:
CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700k
MB: MSI - MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200
GPU: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 Ultra Gaming
Running Windows 10 Home

Lutfij

Titan
Always list your specs like so
CPU+CPU cooling:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version of the OS are you on? Does the issue crop when you tax the system with a game?

Apr 23, 2019
Always list your specs like so
CPU+CPU cooling:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version of the OS are you on? Does the issue crop when you tax the system with a game?

I am on the latest BIOS, version of Windows 10 Home is 17763.437. This issue appears to happen with any system taxing application and it does seem to happen when alt tabbing or clicking off a game.