Huge packet loss in Fortnite

sonnygaming8993

Commendable
Nov 10, 2017
Recently after the Bouncepad update on Fortnite, my game became unplayable, so much lag, delays and much more. At the first, i don't know why is this happening until i saw when the lag happens my upload packets loss up to 700% for a sec. I can't seems to fix this, i've sent report to Epicgames about this. If there's any fixes, please let me know, i really want to play Fortnite peacefully.

Notes: I'm only using internet tethered from my phone with a usb cable. There's no issue before the update and only Fortnite has this problem, any other games are working fine.

Obel

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
From what i understand your using your mobile as your internet connection. Check if there is a foulty transmitter from your mobile network or maybe there are some works in your area.
Have you tried uninstall and install it agaian?
Put down also your firewall on your laptop/PC if you have any.
Last thing check Fortnite forum if other players expirience the same issue

sonnygaming8993

Commendable
Nov 10, 2017
After I posted this bug, my packet loss on the game suddenly disappeared. I'm not sure if the packet loss problem will come back on the future days. Will say updated if the problems persists.

Jun 13, 2018
Hello !
I have the same problem and i use my phone connection too.

I noticed that it's when the "outbound" is more than 10 ko/s i get paquet loss.
So when i use my shotgun , i have paquet lost.
When the party is begenning ( on the battle bus )
And somtimes for no reason during few seconds..

I have this problem since Monday at 19h (but I already had it before)

Jun 13, 2018
If you were reinstall your window and still facing same issue then do this, I hope it will solve your lag and packet loss issues.

Click Settings and check Additional Command Line Arguments. Now you have to paste the content from Launch Options.txt file that you’ll find in the file you downloaded above. Once done you are good to go. All the steps mentioned above will most likely help in solving your Fortnite lag.