Huge partition called "Push button reset" and its 95% empty

Sep 11, 2018
I just got a new HDD, to which i cloned all my files from my previous one.
Both HDD's were the same size and the original only had 2 partitions of ~900GB each.
After cloning it i ended up with a hard disk that had 6 partitions, some of which i cant even open.
9M0ar0A.png

The partition called Push button reset is 95% empty, but i cant shrink it.
There is a drive called ESP, which is 360 MB, contains around 50 MB, and i cant open it without "permission", which i am denied if i try to get.
There is also a drive called Local Disk (G:) which is seemingly empty and has around 300MB/470MB filled.
The only partitions i can shrink are the ones i want to be bigger.

Solution
As I said....that just seems strange.
Also....I've never used EaseUS.
I use Aomei mostly and never had an issue.
I would try another app just to see what happens.
Sep 11, 2018

I used EaseUS which seemed fine, it even showed it would end up as 2 partitions, but when it was done and i opened it it was 6

I know that this thread is a bit on the stale-side, but the following may be of assistance to others who find themselves in similar straits:

Acer systems (desktop or notebook) come with their hard drives in the following arrangement (for a 500GB HDD, as an example) if windows 10 is installed...

7FVdwGk.png

If you want to continue using windows 10, and maintain the ability to create system restore media, outside of re-sizing the 'push button reset' partition, you need to leave the other partitions alone. Aside from that, the first three partitions are too small be worth bothering with, compared to the rest of the drive. As well, ESP is your boot partition so, messing with it would be a bad move.

If you want to recover the storage space for the 1st & 5th partitions (yeah, the first partition is only half a gig, but you can grab it anyway, if you want), create system recovery media FIRST, and put it in a safe place.

For those using it, the windows disk management snap-in is NOT the way to manage disks, or partitions--it is mind-numbingly limited in what it permit you to see, and what it is able to do. AOMEI is pretty, but it WILL fail on a lot of partitioning, cloning, and disk maintenance tasks; and you have already discovered why EaseUS isn't a good tool to rely upon.

Get PartedMagic instead. Via Gparted, it will deal with pretty much any partition type you will run into in the windows world; and it does include a functional iteration of Clonezilla that will exceed the performance of just about all other cloning programs currently available. Using Gparted, re-sizing the 'push button reset' partition is trivial.

Again, though, limit yourself to ONLY deleting the 'recovery' and 'push button reset' partitions (AFTER you have created recovery media) and resizing your NTFS data partition to include the newly freed storage space above it. Leave the ESP/EFI and 'msftres' partitions alone.

On the other hand, if you don't care about the windows 10 installation (it is on disk 2, after all, and you didn't mention that you are dual-booting), then you can delete all of the partitions that you want to recover space from and resize/move the partitions you want to to distribute the resulting unallocated space in a way that is most advantageous to you.