[SOLVED] Huge ping lag / packetloss

Feb 24, 2021
My brother and I play games together online and recently I have started facing issues with my PING and PACKETLOSS. We sit besides each other and our PC's are connected to the same router. So why this high ping and packetloss on my PC? His PC is working perfectly fine with no connection issues whatsoever.
Could it be my wifi dongle retiring?

I have tried the following fixes:
  • Uninstalling and installing WIFI drivers
  • Forget and then connect to the wifi again
  • Installed avast free anti-virus
Can run any and all tests/programs you guys require. Please help me fix this problem. I'm desperate :(

Lutfij

Titan
Are both your system and his the same specs wise(as in identical)? If not, please parse the specs to both your systems. Since you've posted in the wireless networking section of the forum, please add the wireless router's make and model and the wireless adapter's make and model. Check and see what the BIOS version on your motherboard is, at the time of writing. What OS version are you currently on, assuming you're on Windows 10? If you're on Windows 10, you don't need an anti-virus, the OS has one bundled. When reinstalling your WiFi adapter's driver, did you do so in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Lastly, check to see what firmware version your wireless router is on at the time of writing.

Feb 24, 2021
Are both your system and his the same specs wise(as in identical)? If not, please parse the specs to both your systems. Since you've posted in the wireless networking section of the forum, please add the wireless router's make and model and the wireless adapter's make and model. Check and see what the BIOS version on your motherboard is, at the time of writing. What OS version are you currently on, assuming you're on Windows 10? If you're on Windows 10, you don't need an anti-virus, the OS has one bundled. When reinstalling your WiFi adapter's driver, did you do so in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Lastly, check to see what firmware version your wireless router is on at the time of writing.
Nope, our specs are similar but not same. We both use the same processor though (I7 3770). He is on Windows 7 whilst I am on Windows 10.
The router we're connected to is TP Link (model: TL-WR740N)
My BIOS is View: https://i.imgur.com/krc55Im.png
(not sure if it is what you asked for)
I am not sure what you mean about the WIFI adapters as I reinstalled them via Device Manager (uninstall > Scan for hardware changes)