Question Huge problem on new PC

TechGuruGames

Honorable
Sep 19, 2015
So, i just built a new PC. 16GB Ram, i3 10105 and Gigabyte H410M H V3 Mobo... The first time i booted windows and plugged in the ethernet cable, i got no internet connection. Tried to install some drivers via usb from another pc but all realtek driver installers tell me that my Network Card is not found and maybe is in deep sleep mode. I tried unplugging the RAM from the PC cuz some people said it might fix the deep sleep problem but it fixed nothing. Also, the Ethernet Adapter on the Device Manager is appearing under the "Other Devices" category with an exclamation mark. Im starting to believe that the network card os broken and the motherboard needs replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Try this things first:
  • Disable any WiFI card if you have one.
  • Enter the BIos menu and ensure that the network card is actually enabled, see if there are other options that may cause it to not work.
  • Get a Linux Live ISO (Linux Mint are a good example), flash it to a usb stick (nb: that will erase any content on the usb stick) and boot that up - and see if you get to communicate (just start the web browser to check).

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So, i just built a new PC. 16GB Ram, i3 10105 and Gigabyte H410M H V3 Mobo... The first time i booted windows and plugged in the ethernet cable, i got no internet connection. Tried to install some drivers via usb from another pc but all realtek driver installers tell me that my Network Card is not found and maybe is in deep sleep mode. I tried unplugging the RAM from the PC cuz some people said it might fix the deep sleep problem but it fixed nothing. Also, the Ethernet Adapter on the Device Manager is appearing under the "Other Devices" category with an exclamation mark. Im starting to believe that the network card os broken and the motherboard needs replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Double click it and see what it says in general tab.

EDIT are you download the LAN driver for the right revision of the board the way it reads revision 1.0 could be using a different one from revision 1.1/1.3
It should say the board revision on the lower left side of the board.

Last edited:

TechGuruGames

Honorable
Sep 19, 2015
Thanks for your answers, I finally fixed the issue. I just needed to download some .inf files and manually update the network adapter via windows settings... Seems weird that Gigabyte still uses this method for their H410 motherboards.