Question HUGE problem with CPU(?)

Fanax

Honorable
Apr 5, 2016
Good day,

Recently I bought untested Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 with FX-9370. Problem is, when I start system, motherboard just shuts down after like five seconds. Tried flashing different BIOS versions, changing RAM to other slots, but with no luck.

Swapped with Athlon II X2 245 CPU and everything boots fine. Even, managed to install Windows to HDD.

Unfortunately, I do not own any other AM3+ board to try FX-9370 CPU.

I need some advice if anyone can help solve it.

Nov 3, 2019
Good day,

Recently I bought untested Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 with FX-9370. Problem is, when I start system, motherboard just shuts down after like five seconds. Tried flashing different BIOS versions, changing RAM to other slots, but with no luck.

Swapped with Athlon II X2 245 CPU and everything boots fine. Even, managed to install Windows to HDD.

Unfortunately, I do not own any other AM3+ board to try FX-9370 CPU.

I need some advice if anyone can help solve it.
what is your current bios version?

DSzymborski

Titan
Were these used parts and bought together? Do you actually know if they worked when purchased? It would be far from the first time someone ran a 220W AM3+ CPU (even on a suitable motherboard) long-term, watched it slowly damage the motherboard, and then tried to dump the problem on someone else on eBay.

If I were shopping for an AM3+ motherboard for some odd reason in 2020, I'd stay far away from the 9370, 9590, or anything that was known to be running either CPU.

Fanax

Honorable
Apr 5, 2016
Parts were untested, I paid 20Euros for Antec PSU, MB, CPU and Antec water cooler. MB had some watermarks and cooler was empty of oil/water. So, I think I have an idea what happened :) CPU overheated badly and just died.