Question Huge Problems with Wi-Fi Drivers.

NavishSharma07

Prominent
Jun 2, 2021
I posted a same thread on MS community, but it's useless, so came here:

Hi there. I've been experiencing wifi issues since last month. Earlier it was tolerable. But now, it has become very frustrating and annoys me a lot. So, the problem is that my wifi driver is having some issues. It disappears from Device Manager randomly. After every restart, the wifi works well for 10 minutes. Then it stops, then it shows can't connect to the network. And when I check it in Device manager, all I see is a yellow indicator box beneath the wifi driver. It shows device isn't working. It happens after every restart. But at times, I need to restart 10+ times, and network reset, keep trying to reinstall drivers through install files, after which it finally works, and then after next restart same issues.

I've tried every possible fix I could find on the internet. From the changing the frequency to 20 Mhz, to network reset, installing new drivers, reinstalling windows. There is absolutely no problem with any hardware; neither the wifi router nor the wifi hardware in my laptop. I'm very frustrated with the issue and am looking forward for a fix.

I've found some temporary tweaks: like reinstalling the driver, whenever I suspect it going corrupt, and another to uninstall the bluetooth driver, it automatically reinstalls wifi driver, within a second, lastly, using safe mode to uninstall the driver for dev manager. But all of them work for half an hour or so, after which the same problem repeats. Following is the text I found in the Events of Wi-Fi driver:

Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_D723&SUBSYS_8319103C&REV_00\4&21bc19b7&0&00E5 had a problem starting. Driver Name: netrtwlane.inf Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Service: RTWlanE Lower Filters: Upper Filters: vwifibus Problem: 0x15 Problem Status: 0x0

Kindly help me :(

14ad90a5-3795-4dd2-9b84-f7573e8e0dbe
344293ac-2d32-4c37-9582-52ececa2acf0
4ed87914-77cd-45d8-a87c-e064b193dca6

This is the driver you want to try it is 5 years old so you may already have this one.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8723de-software

If you have windows 11 it may or may not work since it does not say it supports win11 but most win10 drivers work in win11.

The message you have in the last window is likely related to something called Wake on wireless lan. If you have the option turn on you want to disable it. It has lots of issues with some machines where the bios dose not correctly support it.

What you can try is a linux USB boot image. This is the fastest way to test the hardware to be sure it is good. This is a fairly common wifi chipset so most these boot images have support. These boot images run from the USB stick and do not damage your windows install.
If it only happens randomly this likely is not a good method since these linux images are pretty basic so unless all you do is simple web browsing you can not run long enough for the problem to happen.

Your card is rather old and only supports 2.4g. You might consider getting a somewhat newer card that supports both 2.4 and 5 or even a exact replacement. These cards are under $10. It depends on how much disassembly you need to do to of your laptop to get to the card.

NavishSharma07

Prominent
Jun 2, 2021
Hi, I do have the driver you've given. I have also tried that Wake on wireless method, yet it didn't fix the issue. Also, my wifi is 2.4 Ghz, and so is my wifi adapter. So there's no issue regaring the GHz. Any other fix you got except the linux one?

-----EDIT-----
I just found a weird thing. That is:
The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x2491f7fffff, got 0xffffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.
I found it in event viewer, source labelled as: BTHUSB

Another Event from my wifi driver:
Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

My laptop has been having a very high battery wear, it charges in 10 mins and drains in the next 10. So, is that a reason? But, I always connect it to charger, whenever I use it. So I'm pretty confused right now.

Last edited: