HUGE Stutters and Physical Memory usage! Please help!

cr8our

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
Well, it seems like I am cursed with having problems with my PC and this my second big problem this year, lol.

Recently when trying to play videogames and listen to music, I will get giant unplayable freezes when the game has to load new things, and I'm talking 30+ second freezes. The mouse will not move, I can't tab out, nothing. Even after closing the game down the freezes will persist for a while.

I also have seemingly gigantic physical memory usage which doesn't seem to be adding up, below is a screenshot directly after closing Counter Strike, pretty much idle.
MnWBdR4.png

And here is my physical memory usage as I type this very thread!
Slks0Nw.png

My specs are:
Computer Case : Corsair SPEC-ALPHA
CPU Heatsink : Intel Heatsink & Fan
Sound Card : Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 (PCI)
Memory : 8 GB 1333Mhz (1x8GB) - (DDR3)
CPU Compound : Standard CPU Compound Supplied With Heatsink
Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 3 GB
CPU : Intel i5 4690K - (4 x 3.5 GHZ) - Haswell
Power Supply : Corsair 650W PSU - Low Noise
Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-HD3 (Intel B85) - 2xUSB3/4xUSB2 (M-ATX)
Hard Drive : 2 TB Seagate (2000 GB) SATA-III HDD 7200 RPM 64MB

Can someone please advise on how I should go about finding the root of this problem or suggest what it could be causing the massive freezes? i.e. running diagnostics, checking RAM, whatever it takes please.

My framerate within games is ususally 100-300 and have no problems getting good consistent FPS. Thanks very much

Solution
In Task Manager click the column name to sort the display from largest values to smallest.

Your screen shots display all "0" (zeros) and we cannot scroll down to see what else may be going on.

Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor may be helpful tools. Use them to determine what processes, services, or apps may be grabbing and holding memory (versus releasing it when done).

Could well be some background process - e.g. a backup or update going on.

Take a closer look and post accordingly.

Ralston18

Titan
In Task Manager click the column name to sort the display from largest values to smallest.

Your screen shots display all "0" (zeros) and we cannot scroll down to see what else may be going on.

Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor may be helpful tools. Use them to determine what processes, services, or apps may be grabbing and holding memory (versus releasing it when done).

Could well be some background process - e.g. a backup or update going on.

Take a closer look and post accordingly.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS