[SOLVED] Humming noise I hear often that comes and go, how can i identify the source of it?

theNarutardd

Honorable
May 14, 2016
I have this prebuilt PC I bought 2 years ago. Never had issues with it until a few weeks ago a slight humming noise has started happening. The frequency of the noise went up slightly a bit, it doesn't happen too often but it annoys me quite a bit. Problem is, I'm a complete doofus when it comes to PC's, I have no experience at all and am anxious about opening the side panel to touch the components inside but I know that my PC has AIO Cooler. I'll post my specs and screenshots just in case, I'd appreciate it if someone can help me out. Thank you.

Screenshots of HWMonitor:
Imgur

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor (6X 3.6GHz/32MB L3 Cache)
iBUYPOWER DEEPCOOL GAMERSTORM RGB 120mm CASTLE 120EX Liquid Cooler
16GB [8GB x2] DDR4-3200MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws V
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER - 6GB GDDR6 - ASUS TUF GAMING
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
1TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

Solution
I have this prebuilt PC I bought 2 years ago. Never had issues with it until a few weeks ago a slight humming noise has started happening. .....
My first place to check would be the AIO pump as that's exactly what I hear with mine but only at certain pump speeds. The humming isn't really loud but is annoying when I do hear it.

Check your BIOS settings for the header the pump is attached at. It should be set to a constant +12V but many still have the default which is a varying speed. When it hits certain RPM settings it hums as does mine. I 'fixed' it by using a constant voltage just slightly less than maximum so that it's always running at a speed where it doesn't hum.
I have this prebuilt PC I bought 2 years ago. Never had issues with it until a few weeks ago a slight humming noise has started happening. .....
My first place to check would be the AIO pump as that's exactly what I hear with mine but only at certain pump speeds. The humming isn't really loud but is annoying when I do hear it.

Check your BIOS settings for the header the pump is attached at. It should be set to a constant +12V but many still have the default which is a varying speed. When it hits certain RPM settings it hums as does mine. I 'fixed' it by using a constant voltage just slightly less than maximum so that it's always running at a speed where it doesn't hum.

Solution