mitchumpalooza

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Hello,

I built my computer last year with:

EVGA GeForce 9600GT
Intel Q6600
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional x64 (got it through MSDNAA so its legit!)

Although this is on windows 7, this also happened when i still had Vista on here.
I would play Left 4 Dead and it would hang, so i would Ctrl-Alt-Delete out of it and then my monitor would be speckled with randomly stuck pixels that change everytime something moves on the monitor. It is hard to explain.

also, I can't see some transparencies correctly. For example, iTunes has alternating colors behind tracks, grey, white, grey, white, etc. However, I have to have a window on top of it so that the shadow that surrounds the window reveals this pattern. Without a window overlap, it looks all white behind the track listings. This affects multiple applications (transparencies in web browsers, selected menu items, etc.).

I am not sure if anyone is able to help with this problem, but I have upgraded my graphic card's drivers. Is there any information that you may need to help me with my problem? I am in need of help! :??:

Solution
have you checked the temps on your graphics card after a session of left 3 dead?

this sounds like a vram corruption issue from instability (possibly due to heat)

mitchumpalooza

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I'm not sure how to check that. Do I have tools available to me already or is this extra software I need to download?

Sorry - I may not be the smartest person out there, just trying to learn here!

woostar88

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
When I use my old P4 rig with 6800GT... occasionally the monitor would flicker of dead pixels =/

I realized that the PSU was not efficient enough and the temperature of the hardware (GC, HDD, CPU) was high.

check the temperature/PSU