Huntkey PC Chasis Offers Radiation Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
What a load of baloney!
I have been using computers since I was 9 and at 36, everything is still functioning very well thank you with 2 kids to show for it.
The only real use for this case might be the other way - to protect the HDD from data loss against perhaps an EMP attack, or maybe a nuclear bomb in the next town. If those aren't real threats where you live, then it's a waste of money.

G

"This means the chassis could possibly reduce acne, balding and infertility--three side effects associated with PC-generated radiation."

LOL

Acne is from the chips and soda you keep chugging down on the PC.
Balding is from the useless stress from nerd-raging.
Infertility is only because you cannot impregnate a human hand.

renegadenukes

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Kileak[/nom]"This means the chassis could possibly reduce acne, balding and infertility--three side effects associated with PC-generated radiation."LOLAcne is from the chips and soda you keep chugging down on the PC.Balding is from the useless stress from nerd-raging.Infertility is only because you cannot impregnate a human hand.[/citation]

Here, here. Can't have put it better myself.

Case only exists to prey on people's fears and ignorance

yeah, they can try to sell that load... see who buys it.
BTW, never heard of anyone actually measuring the amount of radiation emitted by a PC, never mind the effects on humans or other living beings.
This whole thing is pure marketing gimmick for ... naive people, to put it gently.

Any metal computer case will have excellent EM shielding and the power levels generated inside a computer are pretty small. Its just a great big marketing ploy playing on peoples fear of random crap that may kill them if taken in a much larger dose than is possible.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
really??? i have been using computer for over 15 years now and i was able to have a beautiful daughter, infertility??? i don't think so...this is a load of crap...wait, i just lost some hair and got a pimple on my arse, lol. crap i tell you, it's called life...get used to it

G

"The Huntkey SHIELD H405 chassis supports Intel Core i5 and i7 CPUs and liquid cooling."

Nice to know the case supports Intel CPUs directly. Cuts out a fair bit of expense from my next build. ;)

j3ff86

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
"This means the chassis could possibly reduce acne, balding and infertility"
Right, because those three things didn't exist before the late 20th century. Oh wait.

marcusmurphy

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
It's more likely that the pompous people who work at Huntkey need to shield the engine bays of their Prius. The Prius electric battary generates way more radiation than a PC...

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]really??? i have been using computer for over 15 years now and i was able to have a beautiful daughter, infertility??? i don't think so...this is a load of crap...wait, i just lost some hair and got a pimple on my arse, lol. crap i tell you, it's called life...get used to it[/citation]

Are you sure you have a kid, it may be an illusion created by the radiation coming from your PC :) Why not buy a possibly cheaply made case that may be vastly overpriced, to find out :)

anyway

Also aren't computer components heavily regulated by many places such as the FCC to prevent these problems.

Also the company doesn't seem to have any scientific data to back up their statements. or proof of their case working.

Also radiation shielding only works when the source of the radiation is 100% shield, a pinhole is enough to significantly reduce the effectiveness of the shielding.

If you look at a nuclear reactor, the reason why you have such large teams of highly trained people to handle the reactor is not because of a meltdown (it is nearly impossible to happen with current facilities, what they are scared of is a microscopic breach of the shielding as it is enough to kill many people over a short time

How much shielding will you have when you have a 5 inch+ hole for the dvd drive, and a few other large holes for the 120mm fans, then the additional large holes caused by the installation of things like a videocard, sound card and other pci/pcie/agp devices.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
well i agree with all of the above about this "radiation protection" gimmick they have going.

But i like how it looks, if they don't charge crazy amounts for it then i might get it

I do not think I will buy the part about a pin hole reducing effectiveness. Take a close look at your microwave and notice the door is a shield with tons of small holes(yet it still shields you from the deady microwaves) that allow you to see inside.

Want to kill a cell phone's reception(another forum of radiation), place it in a box covered with a brass screen(Faraday cage), or if its a iPhone4, just hold it wrong.

My computer does not need a lead shield to protect it or me. Not like it runs on uranium or anything.

G

if its supposed to protect the user from radiation why does it have fans? they'd be pumping all that 'radiation' into the room anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS