[SOLVED] Hwinfo64 temp 9

Jul 10, 2021
Hello today while looking at hwinfo64 I noticed that temp 9 while idle was 72c and after playing gta v for an hour it was 57c after some googling temp 9 seems to be an error in hwinfo64 and that it's not a real temp but I just want to confirm this my motherboard is an ASUS Prime B560M-A AC

Thanks

Solution
Might be an invalid value from motherboard - Though those tended to jump around quite a bit and obviously bad, in my experience.

It might also be the distance to some maximum temperature, likely that of your motherboard chipset or somewhere near the VRM of your CPU socket, or the temperature of something cooled by your CPU cooler's airstream, which is not nearly as plenty at idle.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
Might be an invalid value from motherboard - Though those tended to jump around quite a bit and obviously bad, in my experience.

It might also be the distance to some maximum temperature, likely that of your motherboard chipset or somewhere near the VRM of your CPU socket, or the temperature of something cooled by your CPU cooler's airstream, which is not nearly as plenty at idle.

Solution