HWmonitor and Coretemp 11C wtf?

Zaloias

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
My problem is that both the HW monitor and COretemp CPU temp programs are reading temperature sub 20C. often ~11C with air cooling. A few programs loaded (google chrome).

I know this can't be right. wth is going on.

Solution
This might not be a problem at all. I recently put together an AMD A4-3400 and an aftermarket fan. When I ran burn in test I was running at approx 22C under full load (granted for only 5-10 minutes). But without knowing your specs its hard to say. Internal temperature could be many factors, type of CPU, power draw, CPU Fan, ambient space, case fans. If your PC is running slower than you are used to I wouldn't put to much worry. Try running a burn in test using Prime95 for 30 minutes and post your specs, this way we can see if there's an actual problem.

Taylor Larson

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
This might not be a problem at all. I recently put together an AMD A4-3400 and an aftermarket fan. When I ran burn in test I was running at approx 22C under full load (granted for only 5-10 minutes). But without knowing your specs its hard to say. Internal temperature could be many factors, type of CPU, power draw, CPU Fan, ambient space, case fans. If your PC is running slower than you are used to I wouldn't put to much worry. Try running a burn in test using Prime95 for 30 minutes and post your specs, this way we can see if there's an actual problem.

Solution

Zaloias

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013

Sorry. Specs:
AMD fx6300 vishera
Alpine 64 pro aftermarket cooler
Asrock 990fx extreme 3 mobo

EDIT:
Also, Coretemp is only showing temperature for CPU#0 even though there are 6 cores, and HW monitor is only showing three temps. BTW this is the first time I have ever used either of these programs so i am a complete newb.

EDIT: Mobo temps look normal at 31-40C though.

well at least you realized that 11 C was garbage, UNLESS you are outdoors in Alaska. for 11 C @ idle would indicate a ambient temp in the area of 43 F. Looks like neither program is set to read you CPU.
Do you have MB utility that shows health status as the MB app is generally accurate.

Zaloias

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013

Thanks for response. Not in Alaska thank Jeebus. Downloading the motherboard utility now. Recommend any CPU monitoring software?

EDIT: CPU looks better under mobo utility at ~32C. Thanks for advice.