hwmonitor powers package reading

Solution
My pc is two years old and I think I definitely could have slightly damaged the mobo ( M5A99FX pro 2.0) since I had a really bad psu for these two years ( I changed it last month). Core temps in fx series are showing weird results in idle but the highest core temp I ever had was 60 and socket temp 70 only once in these really hot summer days so I think my cpu is fine. Since I also have an inaccurate rpm reading of a fan along with the power package false reading I think definetely that some sensors in my mobo are gone but nothing too serious. I run half hour OCCT and everything was normal so I think I'm fine for now
yes, it's possible and normal. The power fluctuates with the CPU load, so if you have been just surfing or whatever then it won't go that high. If you play a game (and keep HWmon open), then check again after playing, you'll see the wattage will have increased. If you stress the CPU by running prime95 you'll see the power go up to whatever the chip is rated for or thereabouts. it's a 95w CPU, but it may use more power when stressing.

sotfoun10

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

Hi keith thanks for the quick reply! This was actually after I played a game for an hour and all this time the max wattage i has shown me is 49 W. So that's why I don't know if it's normal to only have a 25-50 Wattage range even when playing. I don't if it's normal that's why I ask.

AH, okay. That's a little clearer. Have you tried running prime95 or a benchmark utlity like in CPU-z or something, whilst having HWmon on screen simultaneously. Maybe the game wasn't that demanding. But just try prime95 while watching HWmon and see if it increases.

It could be a sensor issue.

If there are no performance issues whilst doing your tasks, then I wouldn't worry about too much. Software has a way of not working right for one reason or another. Maybe try update HWmon too just to be sure.

sotfoun10

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I thought that it could be a sensor problem since I also have some inaccurate rpm readings so maybe my mobo has been damaged slightly. I have no perfomance issues everything working properly. The game was definetely demanding since the temps went up so i definetely think it is a sensor problem.So i just ignore it?

yeah, you could be right. it may be just a sensor. your system is a few years old. maybe the mobo is starting to go. have you been oc'ing or anything? what mobo do you have?
my power goes up to about 105w on gaming (depending on the game) and about 125+ stressing. but i've an OC on my system. if it doesn't effect anything then maybe just monitor temps on the CPU and use that as a measure for where the CPU is, as opposed to the power usage.

sotfoun10

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
My pc is two years old and I think I definitely could have slightly damaged the mobo ( M5A99FX pro 2.0) since I had a really bad psu for these two years ( I changed it last month). Core temps in fx series are showing weird results in idle but the highest core temp I ever had was 60 and socket temp 70 only once in these really hot summer days so I think my cpu is fine. Since I also have an inaccurate rpm reading of a fan along with the power package false reading I think definetely that some sensors in my mobo are gone but nothing too serious. I run half hour OCCT and everything was normal so I think I'm fine for now

Solution

i think it's okay to go with that for the moment. if you experience any further degradation then consider an upgrade, before potentially damaging other hardware.

Good luck with it :)