Question HWMonitor says I hit my Max power limit

Feb 20, 2022
HWMonitor says I hit my max power limit 1 time so far. I've had it running over night now and I woke up and noticed it. Should I worry about that? I'm assuming that's normal since I'm not undervolted, or maybe its that I have reached maximum performance? I have an Intel i5-12600k & EVGA RTX 3060 12GB. My PSU is a bronze rated EVGA 650W I'm pretty certain. I did recently buy a used 750W PSU from ebay (big mistake) without all of the cables included. Problem is I can't seem to find the molex cable for it anywhere online and the manufacturer, EVGA won't be of any help. They said basically that the molex cable isn't sold seperately and to find one online which I've had no luck as of yet. If anyone would know anything about that my new PSU is an EVGA 750GQ. Only 2 cables I need for it are SATA 3x and hopefully a molex cable... Thank you, I am new to tom's hardware and I appreciate all the help you guys give. I hope to try my best to help others on here as well. ;)

Feb 5, 2022
Would not even touch Used PSU without any cables or buy one from ebay due to fact dont want to risk my comp, You should of bought brand new one!. Have you got the link to the ebay page you bought it from?

A+ comment. There's three things on a computer that I will NOT buy second market... that's a PSU, Motherboard, and the OS (hacked/cracked versions). Fortunately those are all easy to obtain at the moment.

The PSU is also the one component on the computer that I will go completely overboard on (I mean outside of the components that I want to go overboard on for gaming). You recommend me 850w? I'm going 1000w. You recommend 1000w? Yah 1200w should do it for me lol.

A+ comment. There's three things on a computer that I will NOT buy second market... that's a PSU, Motherboard, and the OS (hacked/cracked versions). Fortunately those are all easy to obtain at the moment.

The PSU is also the one component on the computer that I will go completely overboard on (I mean outside of the components that I want to go overboard on for gaming). You recommend me 850w? I'm going 1000w. You recommend 1000w? Yah 1200w should do it for me lol.

Yeah i do that when Buying PSU dont go with the recommend ones just buy the next level ones to be safe

Feb 20, 2022
Would not even touch Used PSU without any cables or buy one from ebay due to fact dont want to risk my comp, You should of bought brand new one!. Have you got the link to the ebay page you bought it from?

Yes I knew the risk before I even bought it... The description for it said barely used but who knows.

I just wanted to see how it went for the one time. Normally I would stick to this rule of thumb of buying completely brand new with those 3 components you mentioned. Even a refurbished Power supply I would stay away from purchasing because I've had issues with one in the past. But yeah for sure don't pirate your OS because who knows what could be preinstalled with those pirated copies. Luckily, I still have my EVGA 650W that was purchased brand new like 4 or 5 years ago now... I think I'm going to end up selling it and just purchasing a brand new one with a 10 year warranty would be great. Thanks for responses though!