Hwo to connect my top usb port to motherboard

Tommy_38

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Hi,
I have ordered, and waiting, for a new;
ASUS P7P55D-E - Motherboard - ATX - LGA1156 Socket - P55 - USB 3.0, FireWire - Gigabit Ethernet - HD Audio (8-channel)

I also have the;
Coolermaster SILENCIO Case

on top of the case it has a usb 3 slot, and inside the case coming from that usb 3 slot/port it has a cable that looks like a usb cable.
what I am wondering is where does that plug into so that the top usb port works?
is there a slot on mobo for it to connect to?
Or do I HAVE to buy an pci usb3 expansion slot? which I will be surprised if I have to.

Im guessing and seen on youtube that two of the back usb slots are usb 3 but I would like one on top as it is there on case, just need to know how to connect, and have spent a few hours trying to find out b4 asking.
also got usb 2 on top but hat has no funny usb cable to attach any where, haha.

cheers.

Tom

Tommy_38

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Title for this topic should read,
How to connect my top usb3 port to motherboard

sorry.

T

PS: sorry for double post. But thought I would correct my mistake.

scottiemedic

Distinguished
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports (blue; at back panel)
Intel® P55 Express Chipset:
- 12 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)

There is no USB 3 front panel connector on this mobo. You would have to buy an expansion card for front panel 3.0.

Tommy_38

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Hi.
yes thanks for the info on the usb on back.

So even though the case has one I cant connect to it via mobo, not even with adapter of some kind?

well Im happy with 2 on rear of machine but would of been nice to have one on top format panel, next to power/reset and card reader...plus usb2 port of course, but ill just have to have it here for show, and tie up the cable ( looks like usb cable, yes that big and with a usb looking port on front, guess if he mobo did allow it it would have a usb ( kinda ) slot to fit this end of this usb style lead, maybe?) ) that comes from the usb3 port ( from inside ), or would that need to be connected to expansion slot?? I doubt it but asked any way.

If I need more usb3 ports then Ill get an expansion card

Thanks alot.

Tom

TRENDING THREADS