[SOLVED] HX850i and Inductive Flyback (Voltage Spike)

drjackool

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
Hi

My system spec: HX850i PSU, Asus Maximus X Hero mobo and Asus Strix 2080 OC VGA GPU

My question is, this PSU is protected against the Inductive Flyback (Voltage Spike) issue?! I ask this question because after PC complete shutdown (fans stops and every thing are off including vga voltage indicator leds) when I turn off PSU from power strip switch the VGA LEDs (I mark them by white arrows) are On and Off for a bit moment! Is this harmful for my PC? I always turn off PC by this switch.

I think this happens because Inductive Flyback.
v.jpg.bf522c83b53cfd7948e2b1404465869e.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
i dont reccomend turning off your pc by flipping that switch
if you want to fully turn the pc off hold down the power button until all the fans and lights turn off, then you can flip that switch.

drjackool

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
my apologies, but it might be helpful just to leave the psu on

reason being there's really no reason to. You're not really preserving anything or adding any longevity by doing so.
But when I keep power strip On, my monitor (Asus PG279Q 'really bad monitor but expensive!!!') adaptor remain warm after 24H even monitor itself (consider I turned off monitor from it's power button) so I have to turn off power strip or I have to separate monitor plug.

TRENDING THREADS