Hybrid Cooling Solution for 2xGIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 XTREME Windforce:

nelsonwcf

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
As you can guess in the subject, I'm a sad owner of two of these cards. Why sad? Because even with Gigabyte stating these cards work on SLI, the space in-between them overheat and not even a full size bedroom fan can make the air circulate between them.

For this reason, I'm looking for a cooling solution for these cards. Browsing the internet has been very confusing regarding water cooling; when I look for a AIO cooling, it is always for CPUs; when I force water cooling for GPU, I get these full cycle water cooling solutions, but I don't want that either.
I saw that EVGA offers something called hybrid water cooling kit, but works only EVGA cards due to design (is this correct?). So my question here is: is there any aftermarket hybrid/AIO cooling solution for GPUs that would work with my cards (not any 1080, Gigabyte's 1080 which in some forums says have a custom design).

Are there hybrid coolers compatible with these cards and that work in SLI configurations? If so, what brand/models should I look for? This shouldn't be such a rare problem that I can't find anything on search engines nor youtube. I'm probably searching for wrong words.

Thanks in advance.

trampus123

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Custom water cooling system will cost a bunch but you will not over heat and can over clock the computer.
there is PCIE riser cables if you have the case space to separate the cards

nelsonwcf

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
By custom water cooling, do you mean these hybrids like this one? (https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Hybrid-Waterblock-Cooler-400-HY-5598-B1/dp/B074CPP2TS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1536885601&sr=8-4&keywords=evga+hybrid+cooler). That's pretty much what I'm looking for even if the cost is more expensive. My problem is that I can't find any generic one that works in my card (this one from EVGA doesn't).

Will give a look at these PCIE riser cables but if I separate the cards, I won't be able to connect them with SLI anymore (which beats the point. or not?)?

trampus123

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007