Hybrid Devices Are The Future of Notebooks, Says AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjohnz

Honorable
May 14, 2012
If AMD knows that hybrids are the future, then why haven't they released anything to compete with intel's ultrabook standard? I would happily buy cheaper Ultrabook-esque hybrid with AMD insides, but there isn't anything currently on the market to compete. So much for being "Quicker to react..."

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012

I agree this has been driving me nuts, glad its not just me

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
"Other experts disagree,......" Come on Kevin, this is 2013. Citing your sources is actually now the EASIEST thing to do in the entire world of things you can do.
HYPERLINK DAWG!

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
"Other experts disagree,......" Come on Kevin, this is 2013. Citing your sources is actually now the EASIEST thing to do in the entire world of things you can do.
HYPERLINK DAWG!

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
I quite agree with AMD but low end notebooks are cheap and hybrids are going to cost more than twice with slower hardware and smaller display. In my case, I might go with a cheap 7inch tablet for mobility and a also cheap notebook at home instead. Portable devices are prone to losing or theft, I don't want important data with it.

gnodeb

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I've just put new SSD in 3 yeras old laptop and it boots in less then 10sec. I'm not buying new PC because I already have 3 of them, and they works just fine. It has nothing to do with M$ or Windows. I bought windows, but there was no reason for new hardware...

Status
Not open for further replies.