[SOLVED] Hybrid Drive -- how to copy files from old computer onto it

Nov 21, 2019
I feel like a newbie all over again. Just got HP Pavilion 15t with hybrid drive. File Explorer shows Drive C SSD and Drive D (Data). To transfer files from old computer I first signed in to Carbonite and started the Restore process; Carbonite put files under D:\C\Users. But Carbonite takes days to restore, so I copied all users from C:\Windows\Users to a USB disk. I copied all this to C:\Windows\Users and ran out of room. Now I'm copying to D:\C\Users and hope Windows will know how to find the files for each user. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Solution
You did the first half right, copying all the user data from the C:\Users Folder, but you shouldn't drag and drop the ENTIRE folder onto the new drive. To do this cleanly copy the contents from each folder into their identical folder on the new drive. I.E Downloads from old to downloads folder in new, documents from old to documents in new, etc.

USAFRet

Titan
That's not a "hybrid drive", just a drive with 2 partitions.

No, Windows will NOT filter those out for each new user.
You have to move them around yourself.

You need to copy things from the individual user libraries to the same Library on the new system.

You did the first half right, copying all the user data from the C:\Users Folder, but you shouldn't drag and drop the ENTIRE folder onto the new drive. To do this cleanly copy the contents from each folder into their identical folder on the new drive. I.E Downloads from old to downloads folder in new, documents from old to documents in new, etc.

Solution