• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Hybrid Zoom meeting equipment advice...

leejenson

Honorable
Sep 7, 2014
Hi,

We are a charity with limited financial resources - our situation...
  • People cannot physically attend meetings, but can Zoom in (up to 60 people)
  • People can physically attent meetings (8 to 20 people)
  • A large monitor on the meeting wall
  • A large/long meeting room table
  • The table is sideways to the monitor
  • We cannot turn the table around
  • Our meeting room is oblong, a round table is not suitable
  • We would like to limit cabling as much as possible - (wireless where possible)
Things we need to think about...
  1. If the camera is on top of the monitor on the wall - it will need to have a wide view
  2. A meeting room omnidirectional microphone may not reach people at the end of the long table
  3. We have no dedicated PC to host the camera - but we can source and test if needed
  4. If the meeting host's laptop is hosting the camera to view the other people in the room - what about the meeting host's face? - (they will need to use the laptop also)
I have been playing with the idea of a 'room host' - dedicated PC to host the camera on the TV. As apose to the meeting host using thier own laptop for the camera (plugged in using a long USB extension, but still on top of the TV).

Other suggesions I have had are (thanks Ben) :-

"Being able to position the camera further away would fit more people in its view, but it also means they're further away and harder to see. It's a compromise."

"You could have more than one computer and camera in the room and join them to the call, that might make for a better experience for remote users?"

Can the forum recommend any omnidirectional microphones and wide angled camereras (preferrably wireless) ?

Thanks

Lee

Last edited:

leejenson

Honorable
Sep 7, 2014
This is my action plan - fyi

Decide on the FoV (Field of View) by doing some room and table measurements, and then look for a conference video camera that has a TV clip.

Not sure about the mic at the moment.

Lee

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS