Question Hybrid Zoom meeting equipment advice...

leejenson

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2014
Hi,

We are a charity with limited financial resources - our situation...
  • People cannot physically attend meetings, but can Zoom in (up to 60 people)
  • People can physically attent meetings (8 to 20 people)
  • A large monitor on the meeting wall
  • A large/long meeting room table
  • The table is sideways to the monitor
  • We cannot turn the table around
  • Our meeting room is oblong, a round table is not suitable
  • We would like to limit cabling as much as possible - (wireless where possible)
Things we need to think about...
  1. If the camera is on top of the monitor on the wall - it will need to have a wide view
  2. A meeting room omnidirectional microphone may not reach people at the end of the long table
  3. We have no dedicated PC to host the camera - but we can source and test if needed
  4. If the meeting host's laptop is hosting the camera to view the other people in the room - what about the meeting host's face? - (they will need to use the laptop also)
I have been playing with the idea of a 'room host' - dedicated PC to host the camera on the TV. As apose to the meeting host using thier own laptop for the camera (plugged in using a long USB extension, but still on top of the TV).

Other suggesions I have had are (thanks Ben) :-

"Being able to position the camera further away would fit more people in its view, but it also means they're further away and harder to see. It's a compromise."

"You could have more than one computer and camera in the room and join them to the call, that might make for a better experience for remote users?"

Can the forum recommend any omnidirectional microphones and wide angled camereras (preferrably wireless) ?

Thanks

Lee

Last edited:

leejenson

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2014
This is my action plan - fyi

Decide on the FoV (Field of View) by doing some room and table measurements, and then look for a conference video camera that has a TV clip.

Not sure about the mic at the moment.

Lee

TRENDING THREADS