[SOLVED] Hydro and larger RGB 200mm fans

Jul 8, 2019
I'm not exactly looking for private information, but if I decided to have three 200mm fans with RGB lights on them running 12 hours a day, would my hydro bill be significantly higher than a few 120mm fans with no lights? I am working on a new build and would like everything to be perfect.

Solution
Computer fans don't use much power. I couldn't imagine it making much difference. Most fans are going to be about 3W to 4W under load. The heavy duty 140mm Noctua Industrial iPPC draws about 6W under load at 3,000RPM.

I doubt those 200mm fans are getting anywhere close to 3,000 RPM. I'd expect them to maybe draw 5W to 6W at full load each. Even that is probably high. LED accent lights power usage is virtually non-existent. Perhaps you can find their spec page. Which will hopefully list their AMP or Watt rating.
Computer fans don't use much power. I couldn't imagine it making much difference. Most fans are going to be about 3W to 4W under load. The heavy duty 140mm Noctua Industrial iPPC draws about 6W under load at 3,000RPM.

I doubt those 200mm fans are getting anywhere close to 3,000 RPM. I'd expect them to maybe draw 5W to 6W at full load each. Even that is probably high. LED accent lights power usage is virtually non-existent. Perhaps you can find their spec page. Which will hopefully list their AMP or Watt rating.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS