Hydro H115i PRO mounting question

shawn1971

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
I just ordered the Hydro H115i PRO which will be my first liquid cooler, so I wanted to ask which would be the best way to mount it? I see pics where some mount it to the front of the case which my guess would be to pull air in then I've seen pics where they have it mounted to the top of the case which usually top fans are used to push air out, so not sure whutch route to go?

Lutfij

Titan
That actually depends on the make and model of your case and if you intend to mount the radiator on the top f your case(in which the VRM heatsinks and your rams might conflict with clearance) or at the front(in which the case may not have the mounting locations).

We could learn a lot if you passed a pic of your system and it's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If you have good case airflow, pull config with the fan, moving cool air in through the front of the case, or pull moving air out the top of the case.

Pull allows for the greatest ability for the fans to operate at both full speeds and lower on the fan curve with less airflow disruption and noise. Also lessens the deadspot created by the fan hub.

shawn1971

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017

This should help, this is my system set up

CPU: i7 4790k
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2
Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3
SSD/HDD: 2 SSD's and 2 HHD
GPU: GTX 170
PSU: EVGA 650
Chassis: Corsair Air 540
E9AoEqe.jpg