Question Hyper 212 evo black rgb question

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
So I just got a hyper 212 rgb on a am4 platform, my question is how far do I tighten it down? I don’t wanna break the board but it looks like it’s slagging. Theirs no instruction on how tight. The studs I’m mounting the cooler to are spinning as well.

So I just got a hyper 212 rgb on a am4 platform, my question is how far do I tighten it down? I don’t wanna break the board but it looks like it’s slagging. Theirs no instruction on how tight. The studs I’m mounting the cooler to are spinning as well.
Mounting screws have have a shoulder with no threads which stops from over tightening, just make sure you use right HW for your socket.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Mounting screws have have a shoulder with no threads which stops from over tightening, just make sure you use right HW for your socket.
Yep I’ve got it on the amd backplate, I pulled it and reinstalled it, it looks like it’s slanting downward just a bit, it’s as tight as I can go without making any more noise on the board, not sure if that’s normal?

Screws are meant to be tightened to their shoulder, no more or less. If surfaces on cooler and cooler and CPU are touching evenly and tight, it doesn't matter ih cooler is a bit off center.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Screws are meant to be tightened to their shoulder, no more or less. If surfaces on cooler and cooler and CPU are touching evenly and tight, it doesn't matter ih the cooler is a bit off center.
Yeah, i have it tightened down to what it's supposed to be and temps are about 26 degrees on idle. I just wasn't sure with it sagging down if it would cause any problems.