Hyper 212 evo high temps. Please help

SCPlague

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
so my CPU is having high idle temps at about 45c-55c with my hyper 212 evo. I must have reapplied thermal paste and everything about 4 times but im still getting the same temps. I made sure my screws are tightened correctly and that when i apply thermal paste i use the pea method. Can someone help. Thanks

Solution
I had the same issue with my 760k. the only program i found that actually reads the temperature sensors are the in OS bios tuner. with my gigabyte board it is easy tune 6, reads the temps directly from the bios. This is firmware that comes with your board so im guessing MSi has one as well

SCPlague

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Specs: cpu: amd anthlon x4 750k
gpu: xfx r7770 ghz edition
mobo: Msi Fm2-A75MA-E35
hhd: WD caviar blue 500gb
ram: 4gbs corsair lp
psu: corsair cx430

I'm not overclocking anything right now

Try Core Temp. HWmonitor can be nice, since you get get both the on-die CPU Core Temperaters, and the Socket CPU temperatures, amongst others, but sometimes it pulls numbers from weird places.

You'll want to use Prime95 to give your CPU load; CPU Core temperatures are read best at full load, or else you'll get weird below-ambient readings when idling.

That is very odd, and I am at a loss of what to say. Perhaps the application isn't finding the proper sensors? (Hopefully they are not compromised.)

Check any help files or read-mes they might have. Hopefully, someone else can chime in.

Danzas4321

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
I had the same issue with my 760k. the only program i found that actually reads the temperature sensors are the in OS bios tuner. with my gigabyte board it is easy tune 6, reads the temps directly from the bios. This is firmware that comes with your board so im guessing MSi has one as well

Solution