[SOLVED] Hyper 212 evo or masterliquid lite 240

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
I mean a liquid cooler has better cooling performance than an air cooler, so the masterliquid lite would be better. I am assuming you are overclocking, but if you are not, an aftermarket cooler is pretty much useless.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I mean a liquid cooler has better cooling performance than an air cooler, so the masterliquid lite would be better. I am assuming you are overclocking, but if you are not, an aftermarket cooler is pretty much useless.

It does?

So, the ML120 120mm would perform better than the be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro?

Cant overclock on the on the i7 4770 but ill just get the liquid cooler cause its probaly quieter

Not necessarily. Often, air coolers will be quieter than AIOs, especially large air coolers.

I've tested both of those, and not a fan of the ML Lite coolers. They are OK, but for the same money, find a good air cooler. That's my opinion.

There are a lot better AIOs out there as a choice over the ML240 Lite. A lot.

ScyberMhaster

Distinguished
May 22, 2015
I dont care about cost. I just want to know what will be better for performance
Specs:
I7 4770
Gtx 1070
8gb ddr3 2133mhz
.links to coolers https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-lite-240#image-Item3

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-Direct-Contact/dp/B005O65JXI

Get the MasterLiquid Lite 240, of course. Better aesthetics and cooling performance than Hyper 212. However, I assume you know the downside of AIO Liquid Coolers, just a case to case worst scenario basis - leaks, unlike the Hyper 212.

For the system you have I would go for a Hyper 212 hands down.

You will see no difference in performance. Heck you could even go for liquid nitrogen and you would not see any difference since you cant overclock that CPU.

So Hyper 212 wins imo.

• It has less maintenance.
  • Cost less.
  • Sound levels will be the same, or it can in fact be more quiet since there is no pump involved.

And I say this and I love watercooling.

Only reason to pick the Lite 240 is that you like the looks of it. And thats it.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Get the MasterLiquid Lite 240, of course. Better aesthetics and cooling performance than Hyper 212. However, I assume you know the downside of AIO Liquid Coolers, just a case to case worst scenario basis - leaks, unlike the Hyper 212.
There's more to it than that.

Aesthetics, which is individually subjective, is ALL the ML 240L has over the Hyper 212 in this situation.

It's not going to automatically outperform the 212 on a cpu that can't be overclocked, also being well within both coolers' ability to cool; there will hardly be a difference in temps.

AIOs are more expensive overall:
-Yes, AIOs can leak - regardless of their low chance, it's there.

-Have to be replaced more often: those pumps aren't eternal... usually between 2-5 years. Some people who do use them actually forget, or just don't know about this, and they come here or to some other tech forum wondering why their cpu's temps suddenly went to hell even though they haven't changed anything.

-The only time AIOs are 'cheaper' than air coolers are simply in the 300w+ range where the latter just can't touch right now, so it drops off the radar. Below that, an air cooler all the time, every time.

-Aesthetics? Look at it this way. You've taken a big ol' block on top of the cpu, split it in half, and relocated one half to a less visible side of the case.

Oct 25, 2019
Forger about te leaks.
System doesnt die.
Jaystwocents proved that only the GPU gets affected and even then, only one of the ports on the gpu died on a non realisic-highly overdriven simulation with squirting DIRECTLY on the gpu socket on the back.

i have 2 aio both 120mm aio from coolermaster and corair and both are still going strong after 7 years.
My brother however was not so fortunate.
His aio developed a sludge inside the radiator that blocked completly the waterflow. Its because he was away at home for straight 2 years and no one there to turn his computer on.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Forger about te leaks.
System doesnt die.
Jaystwocents proved that only the GPU gets affected and even then, only one of the ports on the gpu died on a non realisic-highly overdriven simulation with squirting DIRECTLY on the gpu socket on the back.
This is obviously correct, because we can always predict where a leak happens and what it sprays on.
No.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Oct 25, 2019
JZ has basically a TV show.
You don't see the whole staff behind that, and the 18 times where it failed.

Hehehe ok that explains it.
Anyway i have never had an AIO failed on me yet(knock on wood)
Id still advise the OP to go with a different model of aio because apparently, the coolemaster ml120 240 lite is having issues with faulty waterpumps.
Just read the reviews.

USAFRet

Titan
Hehehe ok that explains it.
Anyway i have never had an AIO failed on me yet(knock on wood)
Id still advise the OP to go with a different model of aio because apparently, the coolemaster ml120 240 lite is having issues with faulty waterpumps.
Just read the reviews.
Most AIO's don't fail.
But when they do...all bets are off.
Liquid + electronics is generally a BadThing.

(posting this from a liquid cooled PC)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That doesn't matter, because the vast majority of them are manufactured by the same company: Asetek. The other companies receive the pumps and then slap their branding on it.
There are a few exceptions to this - the Deepcool Captain model comes to mind... the rest of Deepcool's line are Asetek.
The Cooler Master ones... all Asetek.
NZXT - Asetek.
Corsair... I think you get it already.

DSzymborski

Titan
I'd go for a cheap air cooler over a cheap liquid cooler any day of the weak and twice on Sunday. You only really start to see advantages of liquid cooling once you're in the >$100 segment.

And even then, there are costs. I use liquid cooling in my rigs, but among my spare parts for emergencies is a Dark Rock Pro 4. Pumps in liquid coolers can fail, but a giant chunk of finned metal is always going to remove heat.

Since this tread is going overboard I will just add in that the OP should go for phase change cooling and be done with it :D

JUST KIDDING! (just in some wierd case someone did take me serious now cause like a posting here and a AIO starts leaking.. you never know :D )