Hyper 212 EVO x-bracket

Solution

That is weird! It doesn't look like the X-bracket's centering pin is even in the base's hole. But the pic is so blurry I really can't be sure what I'm seeing.

Are you using the right parts? My 2 x 212EVO's came with extra parts for other sockets. And now they may come with more parts including those for the AM4 socket.

iknowdeway

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

I dont have my x Bracket upside down pretty sure lol but they are also lined up in the middle part on the bottom of the cooler but before i screw one part in the other part its even, but when i start to screw in it starts to go up very high

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

That is weird! It doesn't look like the X-bracket's centering pin is even in the base's hole. But the pic is so blurry I really can't be sure what I'm seeing.

Are you using the right parts? My 2 x 212EVO's came with extra parts for other sockets. And now they may come with more parts including those for the AM4 socket.

Solution

jr9

Estimable
This is a common issue if you've never installed an EVO cooler. I had this issue as well first time. If you screw the first screw in too far, it will lift up the diagonal 2nd too far and you will not be able to get the 2nd screw in.

First make sure that the X-bracket lines up with the screw holes and is capable of touching them at all points. Do not screw in the first screw in very far at all. This is key. Just screw it in JUST enough that it can grip and hold, only about until you can't pull it out. Next, move diagonally accross to the 2nd screw and repeat. Just screw it in enough to grip. I press down with a little force with the screwdriver carefully with screw #2 to get it in the hole. This will be the hardest screw. Then go vertically to screw 3 and then diagonally across to screw 4. Then return to screw 1 and screw a little further. Do the screws in small increments and be patient. I generally complete 3-4 full rotations of screws 1-2-3-4.

Also go in an X pattern or you will have issues. It may feel like you are crushing your CPU.

iknowdeway

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

found out that i was using wrong bolts for the bracket part on the mobo

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Easy to do. They used to clearly mark the parts bags. Not sure if they still bother doing that now tho. Anyway, you should be good to go. Just be sure to turn the mounting screws all the way in until they bottom out.